ShopSabre and EnRoute (software) or TorchMate or DynaTorch or BurnTables?

Thread: ShopSabre and EnRoute (software) or TorchMate or DynaTorch or BurnTables?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default ShopSabre and EnRoute (software) or TorchMate or DynaTorch or BurnTables?

Hi all,
    I'm looking for a 4x4 CNC plasma cutting table and don't really have any intention of using the wood router (in the near future). I know ShopSabre is built tougher (motors have more horse power) so it can stand alone as a solid router table and that is cool if I do transition my business in that direction, but I'm not sure its worth the extra couple thousand. I have spoken to TorchMate, DynaTorch, BurnTables, and now ShopSabre. ShopSabre (as of today) is now supplying EnRoute software with their tables. Any owners out there used this software and can they talk about the learning curve for a complete newbie?

I'm looking for any customer feedback I can find on ShopSabre, which there isn't much that I have found, maybe that's a good thing? If you own the machine and can talk about the reliability, customer support, accuracy, types of troubleshooting or any issues that you constantly deal with on these tables I would really appreciate it!

Curbster

PS~ I've gotten quotes from each of these makers and the range is between $14k - ~$17k with ShobSabre being the highest in the price range.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by curbster; 06-11-2015 at 12:09 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ShopSabre and EnRoute (software) or TorchMate or DynaTorch or BurnTables?

I have a shopsabre router. They build a good machine. As a new user I would suggest you choose based on user forums though, and shopsabre does not have one. I'm not sure about the others you have listed. See if you can find demo's on the software to play with.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ShopSabre and EnRoute (software) or TorchMate or DynaTorch or BurnTables?

Thanks Ken. It means a lot to me to hear happy customers of their tools. I wouldn't base my decision solely on the fact that they don't have a user forum. I actually think it might be because one is not needed. Am I naive for thinking that? Maybe. But that's why I reached out, to get as many real customer opinions as possible.

I appreciate your feedback. Can you tell me if the precision with the router is dead on all the time or is there a lot of troubleshooting and fine tuning?

Downloads
    Uploads

Plenty accurate for cabinet work. Very little machine trouble. Your biggest trouble will be between your ears. That Is why I suggest a user forum. Shopsabre will help you with the machine, but if you have design and programming issues, they won't be as knowledgeable as folks that are running the same machine and program as you. You may ask Brandon if you need software help if that is included or not.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ken rychlik View Post
    Plenty accurate for cabinet work. Very little machine trouble. Your biggest trouble will be between your ears. That Is why I suggest a user forum. Shopsabre will help you with the machine, but if you have design and programming issues, they won't be as knowledgeable as folks that are running the same machine and program as you. You may ask Brandon if you need software help if that is included or not.
    Great thank you Ken. That makes a lot more sense. I'm not a cad designer but I know people (my retired father) . I'm hoping I can get the help needed through the learning curve but I'm also open to getting a similar software that has a lot of user support, which is why I was originally drawn to Torchmate.

I'll keep doing my research and learning about CAD. If you think of anything else a new buyer should know id appreciate it!

I've spoken to Brandon, he is very informative and helpful. He seems like a no nonsense kind of guy which is great!

Thanks again.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by curbster View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm looking for a 4x4 CNC plasma cutting table and don't really have any intention of using the wood router (in the near future). I know ShopSabre is built tougher (motors have more horse power) so it can stand alone as a solid router table and that is cool if I do transition my business in that direction, but I'm not sure its worth the extra couple thousand. I have spoken to TorchMate, DynaTorch, BurnTables, and now ShopSabre. ShopSabre (as of today) is now supplying EnRoute software with their tables. Any owners out there used this software and can they talk about the learning curve for a complete newbie?

I'm looking for any customer feedback I can find on ShopSabre, which there isn't much that I have found, maybe that's a good thing? If you own the machine and can talk about the reliability, customer support, accuracy, types of troubleshooting or any issues that you constantly deal with on these tables I would really appreciate it!

Curbster

PS~ I've gotten quotes from each of these makers and the range is between $14k - ~$17k with ShobSabre being the highest in the price range.
    I'm a new owner of a ShopSabre Sidekick Plasma CNC 4x4. I created a facebook group for all owners of these cnc tables to share the knowledge. Please feel free to join.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1735888129981251/

Kelly
    Diyweldingplans