Florida ShopSabre CNC owners

Thread: Florida ShopSabre CNC owners

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Florida ShopSabre CNC owners

Good morning to all, I'm in the middle of replacing our old Multicam 48plus for a new ShopSabre CNC with ATC. I'm posting this to find any members that owns any ShopSabre CNC machine in the Florida area. I'm located in Orlando and I would like to talk about your experience with SS, or any coments, advices,warnings,feedback positive or negative. Thank you for your time and will appreciate your response.

Thank you!!

Similar Threads:

I own a ShopSabre in Inverness. I just converted it to Plasma from a router. Only complaint I have is the gantry is starting to rack on mine when moves in the Y axis. The racking only affects the fine detail of photo carving or a lithophane. I do those every now and then so that is why I converted this to a plasma machine. If you are buying a new machine, get dual Y axis screws. When I get ready to purchase a new machine, that is what I am doing. Other than the "racking" issue, I have had very little problems with my machine in almost 10 years. I don't know how fluent you are with programming CNC but if you get stuck with some WinCNC programming issues, I may be able to help. I am an electronics engineer. I have designed my own torch height control, written the ini and mac's for WinCNC and made my own post processor for Aspire. If you are fluent in in programming and just looking for opinions, it's been the best money I have spent for a machine and the support from ShopSabre has been great.

Default Re: Florida ShopSabre CNC owners

Did you ever buy the Shopsabre? How do you like it. I'm in Clearwater and am in the process of buying one.

Denis

Downloads
    Uploads

Doesn't seem to be too many in Florida? We have a SS 4896. Machine works great! Want to upgrade the software...What do ya'll use?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Noneya,

Looks like your the man to know in these parts! I just ordered a SS Sidekick 8 with dual gantry, Hyperderm 65, ATC, water table and engraver. I have not received the machine yet, but I was told to look for it around the end of August. Very excited as I have been wanting one for about 10 years. I'm currently looking into Adobe Illustrator or CorelDraw7 as possible photo to .DFX exporting. Do you have any experience with either? Anyway, I'm retired Navy, 28 years aircraft mechanic and live in the Melbourne, Florida area. I would love to make friends with similar interest as I know there is going to be somewhat of a learning curve and it would be nice to level the grade a bit!

Alan

Thumbs up Re: Florida ShopSabre CNC owners

Quote Originally Posted by MadMech65 View Post
    Noneya,

Looks like your the man to know in these parts! I just ordered a SS Sidekick 8 with dual gantry, Hyperderm 65, ATC, water table and engraver. I have not received the machine yet, but I was told to look for it around the end of August. Very excited as I have been wanting one for about 10 years. I'm currently looking into Adobe Illustrator or CorelDraw7 as possible photo to .DFX exporting. Do you have any experience with either? Anyway, I'm retired Navy, 28 years aircraft mechanic and live in the Melbourne, Florida area. I would love to make friends with similar interest as I know there is going to be somewhat of a learning curve and it would be nice to level the grade a bit!

Alan
    hello alan i saw a post on cnc zone about shopsaber did u get up an running

Melbourne, Florida area.are you still in that area

Downloads
    Uploads

We are in Ocala, and have a 4814 with the 9.3 HP, 24,000 rpm spindle that we just got running...mainly to machine molds from MDF.

Do any of yall have experience with milling MDF, and have any recommendations on tooling and feeds and speeds for fast roughing / finishing, etc.?

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks for the reply radical rescue! ...i hope some of yall can chime in on our latest problem...

were using inventor HSM on our 4814 with Wincnc, and the Z-coordinates are reversed on every single post processor we can find.

X & Y are perfect, has anyone ran into this? is it a setting within Wincnc or Post?

We have tried reversing the coordinates and a bunch of other tricks within HSM...without any luck.

We've also contacted shop sabre about a post processor, and the one they recommended has the same problem of reversed Z axis coordinates.

Last edited by ibhurln; 07-21-2022 at 11:02 AM. Reason: left out pertinent info

Downloads
    Uploads

Oh wow you're in the middle of doing a deal with ShopSabre.
    I just listed my Loaded 'Oct' 2017 Pro408 w/less than 12mths total work on it. Gorgeous machine! $38K
    My 'F4' Suction 4-Zone machine was never plumbed in.
    Had teething trouble late 2017 as I swear S-Sabre doesn't check much before they ship out!
    Only had a Limit switch issue which was a loose connector. And put a new Keyboard in 2023 as plastic chips got under the 'T' Key.
    I leave for Europe next Spring from Naples, Florida. So the cost to take it with me is high.
    My nice Low mileage 2011 SS Camaro 6-Speed w/rare Factory sunroof also isn't going. As costs $20K with Import duty, V8 penalties and shipping etc.