INI file help

Thread: INI file help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default INI file help

I am new to the forum and CNCs period. I am helping a friend with their Shopsabre 3636. We just replaced the router with a VFD spindle and it's working with manual control but I would really like to get it to work via the WinCNC controller. I've looked into it but I don't have the first idea of how to modify the INI files to control it via software. Could someone help or share INI files that uses a VFD spindle? Or if someone could explain how to set it up I would like that very much because I would ultimately like to know what exactly what the settings are doing. Just to let you know I have electronics and software background just not with CNCs. Thanks!

Similar Threads:

I am not sure, but it may be a feature you have to purchase for it to work. If the A/D hardware is on the board, here is the WinCNC Manual. I have not set one up but I think you will have to setup the "spindle=" for the type of VFD you have in the wincnc ini. T1 would be the 0 - 5 volts, T2 would be a macro event and T3 would be a frequency output from WinCNC. Also have to setup Analog to digital "ad=" settings. Assign a spinchar for the spindle. From then on it looks like S# will control the speed.