Shop saber owners - where are you? - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shop saber owners - where are you?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Shop saber owners - where are you?

Well CNC finally arrived last Friday and was able to transfer to a tilting flatbed and dump it into my garage. I initially thought I would slide the whole skid into the shop but with a 84" high opening the air assist would not clear.
    So we just unloaded it up to the door and placed 2 x 8 runners on the garage floor. I jacked it up and placed leftover heavy wall closet rods under the sides of the CNC to roll it in.
    We started with a come along but were able to just push it in manually after several rollers were in place. Busy assembling dust collector and electrician is coming Friday to connect.Shop saber owners - where are you?-arrivee-jpgShop saber owners - where are you?-arrivee-b-jpg

Registered
    Charleston, South Carolina, United States
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Hypotenuse View Post
    Well CNC finally arrived last Friday and was able to transfer to a tilting flatbed and dump it into my garage. I initially thought I would slide the whole skid into the shop but with a 84" high opening the air assist would not clear.
    So we just unloaded it up to the door and placed 2 x 8 runners on the garage floor. I jacked it up and placed leftover heavy wall closet rods under the sides of the CNC to roll it in.
    We started with a come along but were able to just push it in manually after several rollers were in place. Busy assembling dust collector and electrician is coming Friday to connect.Shop saber owners - where are you?-arrivee-jpgShop saber owners - where are you?-arrivee-b-jpg
    H, How's the new machine working out? Did you receive the 4th axis tooling? Have you done anything with it yet? Would love to see one in action.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Smith View Post
    Just wanted to let you know I have a shop in Hampton GA. Near the Atlanta Motor Speedway. I have had my 4896 machine for 3 years. I think I was the first one to order the 4th axis because it took a year after the delivery of the table before I received the rotary parts. I was not too pleased with the final product for the 4th axis. the support is pretty good with Ben. He has a lot of knowledge and his own machine. getting someone on the phone is almost non existent. they need more guys to help with the tech stuff. when the machine is down then production stops , so I learned to Google stuff while waiting for the return call, essentially they forced me to learn more than the average operator which was good for me because I have completed about 50% of the build on my new 4th axis machine. I believe I will get out the door for under 10k by DIY. the most costly will be the ATC when it is added later. it would be nice to have local owners that can help bounce ideas and problems they may have incurred off each other. let me know if you need help with anything.

Jay Smith
    770-871-1213
    Hey Jay, glad to know your out there and only a few hours away. I'm really interested to here more about what your doing with your 4th axis tooling. If you're building your own did the SS one not work out for you? Shout at me any time. I'm in Charleston area.
    Michael Keyes
    834 889 9932

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I managed to do a few projects on it so far. Single stage compressor is running almost steady to keep up with the spindle air, even though its a 230v 15 amp 30 gal ingersol Rand. I have a 80 gal 2 stage coming Monday or Tuesday.
    2nd project was a pair of stair stringers tiled on the Y axis. They turned out perfect, very happy with the suction of the 3 hp Super Gorilla dust collector.
    Don't think I will get to the 4th axis for a bit, but here it is.. not even instructions on how to mount it. It's on .5 aluminum plate.Shop saber owners - where are you?-img_3603-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I managed to do a few projects on it so far. Single stage compressor is running almost steady to keep up with the spindle air, even though its a 230v 15 amp 30 gal ingersol Rand. I have a 80 gal 2 stage coming Monday or Tuesday.
    2nd project was a pair of stair stringers tiled on the Y axis. They turned out perfect, very happy with the suction of the 3 hp Super Gorilla dust collector.
    Don't think I will get to the 4th axis for a bit, but here it is.. not even instructions on how to mount it. It's on .5 aluminum plate.Shop saber owners - where are you?-img_3603-jpg
    I've not seen one mounted and operating yet. But I understand it mounts on the table top... Curious to see how easy it its to set up. Good luck with yours and thanks for the picture. Keep us posted...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I ordered a Sidekick 8, 4x8 plasma w/ engraver and opt'ed for the duel gantry and wiring for rotor spindle/rotor capability back in June and still waiting for it to arrive. So excited to get up an running after wanting a CNC for over 10 years. I'm located in Melbourne, Florida. If anyone is near, I'm sure I could use a seasoned friend to bounce ideas off vice my head against the wall...lol! Also looking to buy a draw program and was wondering if anyone using Adobe Illustrator or CorelDraw 7? I'm looking to design vector images from drawings and photos for 2D applications.

Just ordered a Shopsabre IS 510. Lots of stuff to move in the shop before it's delivered!

Downloads
    Uploads

Did your machine come in yet? We ordered an IS510 second half of June but at least they say it should ship out next week, so much for the 4-10 week leadtime. Oh well, I suppose. I may post some pictures of it when it arrives but I'll probably mostly be doing Instagram posts (lakeerietoolworks) . I have a rotary axis that I built for my current machine that we will be using with the shopsabre, they installed an extra driver for us; I'll try and post some pics of that as well.

No. We should have it in the first few weeks of December. This is our first cnc, so we didnt want to try and integrate during our busiest months. We went with 10hp spindle, 10 postiion atc, 25 hp vac, phenolic table, pop up pins, and the z setter. The indexer looks sweet, but I felt it would have been over my head to start off with. We will be going to the included training to get our feet wet.

Downloads
    Uploads

That will be a nice setup, I assume you do a lot of sheet goods work? We went with a 5hp ATC and no vacuum table as we primarily do solid wood stuff and will be making our own fixtures and using some sort of vacuum pod setup (probably DIY). I still need to figure out which pump to get although I'm leaning toward one of the Becker oil-less setups.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

We ordered our machine 2ed week in June as well. Last minute to take advantage of the free shipping. It finally came in today and I couldn't be happier! Just need to take care of a few minor details with the Earth Ground and we should be off and running. And when I say details, I mean I still need to drive rods and do a test for my .075 volts. Fingers crossed!!

Smile Re: Shop saber owners - where are you?

Quote Originally Posted by n1k86 View Post
    That will be a nice setup, I assume you do a lot of sheet goods work? We went with a 5hp ATC and no vacuum table as we primarily do solid wood stuff and will be making our own fixtures and using some sort of vacuum pod setup (probably DIY). I still need to figure out which pump to get although I'm leaning toward one of the Becker oil-less setups.

Yep. Cabinets and furniture. But now that we are getting a cnc, we want to break into cribbage boards! I have heard good things about becker rotary vanes.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MKeyes View Post
    I've not seen one mounted and operating yet. But I understand it mounts on the table top... Curious to see how easy it its to set up. Good luck with yours and thanks for the picture. Keep us posted...

Hey I have been busy for a minute but wanted to see how things were going with the 4th axis?
    I tried the number from the earlier post but it was not working.
    let me know if you have any questions, I 'am currently working on the computer set up for my new machine. I wired up the control box this weekend and just connected it to the computer.
    cannot wait until it is moving on its own.

I just bought a used 3636 and am setting it up in my shop. 30-hour round trip to get it but it was worth the drive.
    Dave

We have an RC8 coming in a few weeks that we're getting excited about. We're in Southwest Michigan.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by StreamlineRich View Post
    We have an RC8 coming in a few weeks that we're getting excited about. We're in Southwest Michigan.
    What are you going to use your machine for? Just curious if you have any previous CNC experience.

I have experience from a previous sign shop. We have our own sign and graphics shop in the walkout basement of our new home (designed with the shop in mind). We put a double door in order to get larger items in and out and went with 9' ceilings.
    We already have a couple 54" plotter/printers, 24" plotter, 54" laminator/mounter. We want to expand our capabilities from just "soft goods" - cut/printed vinyl, banners, etc.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by StreamlineRich View Post
    I have experience from a previous sign shop. We have our own sign and graphics shop in the walkout basement of our new home (designed with the shop in mind). We put a double door in order to get larger items in and out and went with 9' ceilings.
    We already have a couple 54" plotter/printers, 24" plotter, 54" laminator/mounter. We want to expand our capabilities from just "soft goods" - cut/printed vinyl, banners, etc.
    Well shoot, you're going to be having fun the first day you get it running. That first cut is always an exciting moment.

Well shoot, you're going to be having fun the first day you get it running. That first cut is always an exciting moment.
    Yeah! Can't wait! It's taking a little longer than expected for delivery, but with the year-end and free shipping deals Shop Sabre has a LOT of orders to fill.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hello,
    I'm new on this forum, so far my experience with this machine has been terrible. one moment the machine works 5 minutes later it doesn't. it goes to start a new cut and wont light up, it just moves around the patterns. out of all the years fabricating, I would never tell anyone to buy this machine.
    now I'm hoping someone could help change my mind. we are a high school welding program that does first year apprenticeship. The machine was purchased for a School and all the money came from fund raising.
    Any sugestions???????

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast