Shopsabre Wincnc Setting Z !!Please Help!!

Thread: Shopsabre Wincnc Setting Z !!Please Help!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Shopsabre Wincnc Setting Z !!Please Help!!

Hi folks, I was wondering if anyone could help with setting the z on my machine. I am currently using wincnc with my Shopsabre 4896/3hp Colombo/Bobcad Cam. I have to manually change the tools, and sometimes use 3 different tools per sheet. I would like to set the z and save for each tool so that I do not have to manually set it each time I change bits. Currently, I am manually lowering the z-axis until it touches the material, then zeroing out the z. Does anyone know how to do this in wincnc so that I dont have to manually z-out each time i start a cut/drill? I do have the tool height relay attachment on my machine, but I dont think I fully understand how to use it. Thanks

Similar Threads:
    Every problem is an opportunity in disguise.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Manual tools changes can work like automatic tool changes (except the wrenches)

Number the tools you use and load them in the Tool Library.

The offsets will be read from Tool Table so you won't have to re-zero

Last edited by MarkWink; 11-18-2010 at 03:38 PM. Reason: spelling -fat fingers

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi keyeskennard,

The guys at Wincnc helped me set mine up. I have a tool length measure switch and mine is set up to move to the front of the machine and turn off the spindle when a new tool is called. I change the tool and hit 'Enter'. The machine moves to the measure switch, lowers down and measures the tool, raises to the top, starts the spindle back up and moves back to continue cutting. No lowering to the table and the files can all be set up for multiple tools.

They had to change my Wincnc.ini file, make me a CalSwitch.mac file, a toolmeasure.mac file, and change my cnc.mac file, but boy was it worth it. If you have a tool length measure switch or want to buy one from Shopsabre or Wincnc, you can't go wrong!

Butterknife

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Shopsabre Wincnc Setting Z !!Please Help!!

Quote Originally Posted by keyeskennard View Post
    Hi folks, I was wondering if anyone could help with setting the z on my machine. I am currently using wincnc with my Shopsabre 4896/3hp Colombo/Bobcad Cam. I have to manually change the tools, and sometimes use 3 different tools per sheet. I would like to set the z and save for each tool so that I do not have to manually set it each time I change bits. Currently, I am manually lowering the z-axis until it touches the material, then zeroing out the z. Does anyone know how to do this in wincnc so that I dont have to manually z-out each time i start a cut/drill? I do have the tool height relay attachment on my machine, but I dont think I fully understand how to use it. Thanks
    before begin to cut set your Z to your material and press Z zero and press tool hight and start cutting when u need to change tyour bit , change it and press tool hight and start cutting again , you dont have to Z zero after every bit change , but you have to press tool hight on your first bit after Z-zero , hope it helps