Just got a new Patriot last week. Have it unloaded, set up and ready to go. I spent the last couple of days going through it, cleaning, adjusting and lubricating everything.
Had one little problem. The run capacitor on the lathe motor smoked the first time I turned it on. It stopped smoking after a little bit and I was hoping it would be OK. However after I used it a few minutes it really went. I called Shoptask and John said he would send out a replacement.
So far, everything seems to work as it should. It takes more force to move the table than I would have thought. I cleaned off the ways and put plenty of way lube on them and then adjusted the gibs. It is smooth but doesn't move all that easily. The two-piece, adjustable acme nut on the X-axis (left-right movement) was not set right either. I am hoping it will loosen up some after I use it a while.
Also the height adjustment on the milling head takes a lot of force to operate. I would like to motorize it. If any of you have done that, I would love to know how you did it. Particularly, what motor did you use and where did you get it.
Thanks for the help,