Enclosure for CNC Mill Drill

Thread: Enclosure for CNC Mill Drill

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Enclosure for CNC Mill Drill

I thought I would share some pics of the enclosure I made for my new Mill Drill. This is the second Shopmaster machine I've owned and have learned to appreciate them both.

The framework for the enclosure is made of 80/20 Inc. Quick Frame aluminum tubing products. The foundation for the enclosure rests on a neoprene U-shape that sits on the lip of the machine table. The panels are made of Elmers Mighty Core Foam board. They have been laminated on one side with aluminum foil and the edges are wrapped in pure aluminum duct tape. The panels are removable and could be substituted with almost anything, including acrylic panels. Anywhere that requires a tighter grip on the panels uses a plastic insert available with the Quick Frame products that snaps on the tubing and provides a tighter plastic channel. The front uses large acrylic panels. The only areas that need finishing are the front corners which I plan to make out of sheet metal and screw to the frames. The whole thing ties into the 2 tie-down threaded holes on the upper framework of the machine on either side. It is very lightweight but strong and so far has done a fantastic job of keeping the whole place cleaner.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Enclosure for CNC Mill Drill-cnc-mill-turn-enclosure-1-jpg   Enclosure for CNC Mill Drill-cnc-mill-turn-enclosure-2-jpg   Enclosure for CNC Mill Drill-cnc-mill-turn-enclosure-3-jpg   Enclosure for CNC Mill Drill-cnc-mill-turn-enclosure-4-jpg  

Enclosure for CNC Mill Drill-cnc-mill-turn-enclosure-5-jpg   Enclosure for CNC Mill Drill-cnc-mill-turn-enclosure-6-jpg   Enclosure for CNC Mill Drill-cnc-mill-turn-enclosure-7-jpg   Enclosure for CNC Mill Drill-cnc-mill-turn-enclosure-8-jpg  

Enclosure for CNC Mill Drill-cnc-mill-turn-enclosure-9-jpg   Enclosure for CNC Mill Drill-cnc-mill-turn-enclosure-10-jpg   Enclosure for CNC Mill Drill-cnc-mill-turn-enclosure-11-jpg   Enclosure for CNC Mill Drill-cnc-mill-turn-enclosure-12-jpg  

Enclosure for CNC Mill Drill-cnc-mill-turn-enclosure-13-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Enclosure for CNC Mill Drill

Quote Originally Posted by dlharman View Post
    I thought I would share some pics of the enclosure I made for my new Mill Drill. This is the second Shopmaster machine I've owned and have learned to appreciate them both.

The framework for the enclosure is made of 80/20 Inc. Quick Frame aluminum tubing products. The foundation for the enclosure rests on a neoprene U-shape that sits on the lip of the machine table. The panels are made of Elmers Mighty Core Foam board. They have been laminated on one side with aluminum foil and the edges are wrapped in pure aluminum duct tape. The panels are removable and could be substituted with almost anything, including acrylic panels. Anywhere that requires a tighter grip on the panels uses a plastic insert available with the Quick Frame products that snaps on the tubing and provides a tighter plastic channel. The front uses large acrylic panels. The only areas that need finishing are the front corners which I plan to make out of sheet metal and screw to the frames. The whole thing ties into the 2 tie-down threaded holes on the upper framework of the machine on either side. It is very lightweight but strong and so far has done a fantastic job of keeping the whole place cleaner.

Super nice unit- Here's a video with one not quite as fancy but still effective.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Enclosure for CNC Mill Drill

Looks great! And the video link is pretty cool too. I hope to upgrade from my ShopTask 12-22 someday and if you use flood cooling you gotta have something like this!

Russell C of Idaho
    Big trains and big dreams...