what is a Shopmaster Eldorado currently worth

Thread: what is a Shopmaster Eldorado currently worth

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default what is a Shopmaster Eldorado currently worth

I recently found myself the proud owner of a Shopmaster Eldorado Mill/lathe, unfortunately after lady luck graced me with that she decided to throw some kidney stones my way as well. a couple months and several doctor bills later I am facing the fact that in the time I've owned it I have yet to use it, as such I am thinking I may have to let it go.

The machine is in fairly good condition, there were several problems with it when I got it, the run capacitor on the milling head had an internal short that was replaced. The lathe belt is frayed but I am working on getting that replaced as well, and what appears to be the drive gear of the power feed is missing half the teeth. Again I have hopes to get that addressed as well.

I am wondering;
    - Is there is a market for this machine out there?
    - If so can anyone let me know what price I should be looking to get for it, or if any of you fine individuals are interested in it.

I don't know much about this stuff I had planned on using this machine to dive in and become familiar with it, but it looks like I'll have to put that on hold for a bit. The machine currently is not CNC but fully manual but I have seen many threads by people who have made the conversion fairly easily I have the manual and am only the second owner. Aside from the issues I mentioned before It seems to be in good shape and I have seen many positive reviews for this machine.

Thanks for giving this a look.

Similar Threads:
    "I hope this turns out right" ~ unknown

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by learnthehardway View Post
    I recently found myself the proud owner of a Shopmaster Eldorado Mill/lathe, unfortunately after lady luck graced me with that she decided to throw some kidney stones my way as well. a couple months and several doctor bills later I am facing the fact that in the time I've owned it I have yet to use it, as such I am thinking I may have to let it go.

The machine is in fairly good condition, there were several problems with it when I got it, the run capacitor on the milling head had an internal short that was replaced. The lathe belt is frayed but I am working on getting that replaced as well, and what appears to be the drive gear of the power feed is missing half the teeth. Again I have hopes to get that addressed as well.

I am wondering;
    - Is there is a market for this machine out there?
    - If so can anyone let me know what price I should be looking to get for it, or if any of you fine individuals are interested in it.

I don't know much about this stuff I had planned on using this machine to dive in and become familiar with it, but it looks like I'll have to put that on hold for a bit. The machine currently is not CNC but fully manual but I have seen many threads by people who have made the conversion fairly easily I have the manual and am only the second owner. Aside from the issues I mentioned before It seems to be in good shape and I have seen many positive reviews for this machine.

Thanks for giving this a look.
    I know this is an old post but I see you have not received an answer yet.

I am familiar with the Shop Task/ Shop Master line but not the Eldorado name. This page from the Internet Archive shows all their past models (the page on their current website is not working):

http://web.archive.org/web/20130401055700/http://shopmasterusa.com/history/

(CNCZone is not letting me post a link so you'll have to copy and paste if you want to see it, sorry...)

Mine is the 12-22 TC

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: what is a Shopmaster Eldorado currently worth

On your archive.org link, you can click "TO SEE SPECS ON THESE OLDER MACHINES CLICK HERE"

Then down that page is lists el dorado.

ELDORADO BRIDGEMILL 2003-2005

Weight 950#
    HP 1 2 motors
    Spindle bore 1.125″
    3 jaw chuck 5″
    Swing 17″
    Distance between centers 20″
    Spindle taper R-8
    Threading Inch/Metric Right and Left hand
    Mill head adjustment 10″
    Retail price 2995.00

ELDORADO TRI POWER/ PATRIOT GEAR DRIVE 2006-2009

Weight 1300 #
    HP 1.5 2 motors
    Spindle bore 1.125″
    3 jaw chuck 5″
    Swing 17″
    Distance between centers 32″
    Spindle taper R-8
    Threading Inch/Metric Right and Left hand
    Mill head adjustment 8″
    Retail price 3995.00

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: what is a Shopmaster Eldorado currently worth

You can get gears and belts from Shopmaster and most everything else. Value will really depend on condition and if everything is complete and working. They come up on E-Bay every so often, and usually don't last long, so you won't have trouble selling it. Try to post up some photos.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by alan_3301 View Post
    On your archive.org link, you can click "TO SEE SPECS ON THESE OLDER MACHINES CLICK HERE"

Then down that page is lists el dorado.
    Well shucks, if it was a snake, it woulda bit me! Looked back at the page clicking at anything that looked like a link before I saw that right after the first paragraph!

Interesting looking at the photos on that page, it looks like the head and the tail stock in the current machines are the same castings as used on our old machines, simply modified for 17" diameter capacity!

Russell C of Idaho
    Big trains and big dreams...