My personal shoptask website - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My personal shoptask website

Downloads
    Uploads

Dahui, very nice site, glad I stumbled in here!

Best,

BW

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Bob,

You have a fantastic site as well! I haven't visited in a while, anything new these days?

cheers,

DaHui

Downloads
    Uploads

Okay folks! Long time no see. Bob, I checked out your site recently and seeing as you have been busy, it inspired me to take a whack at my backlog of projects. Here is a teaser:

I am still going strong...but I may have also purchased a 1973 bridgeport. Woooo! Another teaser:

I also stumbled upon a site that I have looked at on and off for years when I realized Frank Ford lives about three miles from me, so that is pretty exciting. Frank is amazing at creative work holding and has a ton of great projects on his site. http://www.frets.com/HomeShopTech/hstpages.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dahui View Post
    Okay folks! Long time no see. Bob, I checked out your site recently and seeing as you have been busy, it inspired me to take a whack at my backlog of projects. Here is a teaser:

I am still going strong...but I may have also purchased a 1973 bridgeport. Woooo! Another teaser:

I also stumbled upon a site that I have looked at on and off for years when I realized Frank Ford lives about three miles from me, so that is pretty exciting. Frank is amazing at creative work holding and has a ton of great projects on his site. http://www.frets.com/HomeShopTech/hstpages.html
    Da-
    Thanks for the link to Frank Ford's site. He is really a creative thinker. I am considering using your site and his as well as a few others for the students to see what positive thinking and creativivity are all about. This will be contrasted with some other well known posters who are on the negative end of the spectrum. I think its very important for young people to take the path of becoming problem solvers rather than complainers in life.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by instructor37 View Post
    Da-
    Thanks for the link to Frank Ford's site. He is really a creative thinker. I am considering using your site and his as well as a few others for the students to see what positive thinking and creativivity are all about. This will be contrasted with some other well known posters who are on the negative end of the spectrum. I think its very important for young people to take the path of becoming problem solvers rather than complainers in life.
    I'll second that!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dahui,
    Just wanted to let you know I like your "growing" site.
    ....am not in the US of A right now, but noticed your latest updates.
    I'll keep your site as a good reference for when (not if) i get back around my Shoptask (and other) machines.

John (Bloy)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ditto all the positive comments. What you were able to achieve as a new machinist with the Shoptask was really the inspiration that caused me to order one. I have pored through every project on your site and the way you present the material makes it easy for a non-machinist (yet) like me to understand the techniques involved.

Thanks for a great site and keeping us up with your projects.

George (GP)

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi folks,

Hope everyone is well! Just wanted to let you know I have another round of updates. I've been really bad at taking process pictures. Not much time these days.

You will also notice I've gotten into a Bridgeport and a Hardinge lathe. Hope that doesn't scare anyone off I've been doing some wood turning on the ST lately. I'll get around to some pics of that at some point.

Cheers,

Jason

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all,

Well I've been upgrading for the last couple of years. I've also decided to start making limited production, rechargeable, LED flashlights. I still update the alchemist site from time to time but I'm going to be focusing my energy on a new blog to document the process of getting these lights going. Please check it out!

Cheers,

Jason

Dark Sucks

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey guys, sorry I've been away for so long. It's getting really hard to manage my time effectively! Anyway, wanted to get you some updates and also hijack my own thread. I can do that right ?

I've been hard at work, so if you have a minute check out my blog please do!

Oh and GunPilot, I've been noodling your idea for an aircraft light. We should talk more!

I just had some titanium pocket clips waterjet. Pretty cool! I'd love it if you guys had any feedback on my work/design/blog/site/etc. Thanks!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dahui View Post
    Hey guys, sorry I've been away for so long. It's getting really hard to manage my time effectively! Anyway, wanted to get you some updates and also hijack my own thread. I can do that right ?

I've been hard at work, so if you have a minute check out my blog please do!

Oh and GunPilot, I've been noodling your idea for an aircraft light. We should talk more!

I just had some titanium pocket clips waterjet. Pretty cool! I'd love it if you guys had any feedback on my work/design/blog/site/etc. Thanks!

Dahui,

I'm new to the Shoptask scene but look forward to using your site to upgrade my mill. Thanks for all the time and experience you've put into the site.

I do have a few questions about your flashlights (very cool, by-the-way):

1) Are you using the Shoptask or Bridgeport to make them? Do you use your lathe or 4th axis to turn the bodies?

Looks great and much success on the lights.

Downloads
    Uploads

I still have the shoptask but I've invested in quite a bit of hardware in the last couple of years. I have a bridgeport, hardinge lathe, and a Haas VF1. I do all the rough machining on the Haas. The body tube is finished turned and grooved on the manual lathe. I've been playing around with some milled flutes on the head and I do these on the bridgeport with an indexer.

You can check out my youtube channel for some videos of the Haas in action

http://www.youtube.com/user/archer6817j?feature=mhee

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123