Problem No Post Processor for THC301?

Thread: No Post Processor for THC301?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default No Post Processor for THC301?

I run SheetCam with Mach3 and a THC301 made by Texas MicroCircuits. Use a machine torch with a scriber plate marker. Thermal Dynamics A60.

Attached is a text file of the Post Processor file I am using.

This Post Processor is "Designed for use with Mach3 and CandCNC MP1000-THC and Floating head Touch-n-Go\n"

Has anyone made a Post Processor file specifically for the THC301?

The reason I want to know is that after a lot of troubleshooting with "Arc OK" issues, I'm hoping find an optimum configuration for my machine. I can cut a part or two without much trouble. But when I have a nest of parts or a part with multiple pierces, my machine will stop upon making a new pierce. The torch remains on but the machine won't advance, no "Arc OK" signal.

Running SheetCam V 4.0.10 on my machine. (I've looked at version 6.0.23 and it still did not have a PP for THC301)

Should I continue down this path, or is the Post Processor file a non-issue for my "Arc OK" issues?

Thanks for reading,
    Dan

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

A post processor is unlikely to help you.

If your AVC / THC is enabled in mach3 motion will not start until the arc ok signal is received. That is how it works.

Look into why your arcok does not restart

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: No Post Processor for THC301?

Thanks for the feedback. In doing a thorough review of my setup I came across the Post Processor not being specific for the THC301, (Texas Microcircuits/Sound Logic made a good unit with great documentation for bench testing & setup tutorials, so I am surprised to learn a SheetCam Post Processor was never made specifically for that unit.)

For anyone who is interested, I tried attaching the pdf but its too large. 135 pages/27mb I can try to email it to someone who wants to see it.

As for my ArcOk issues. Based on my research, it seems the CNC Interface circuits on the Thermal Dynamics A series units, made around 2011 perform intermittently. I just acquired a full service manual for that unit and will start a new thread in the proper forum to share that info.