Possible sheetCAM problem, no charp corners?

Thread: Possible sheetCAM problem, no charp corners?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Possible sheetCAM problem, no charp corners?

Helo.

I have a home built plasma table, with Candcnc electronics using mach3 and sheetCAM.

For some time now I have had the problem with my machine when cuting thinner material fast. The problem is that some of the 90 degree corners in the part gets a huge radi. I have search for a solution but not find any, so i am writing here in search for your experties.

thankful for any input, I will attach an image of a part i did so you can se what i mean!

Regards Edwin

ps. You can se that every (supposed to) sharp corner in the letter have a radia ds.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Possible sheetCAM problem, no charp corners?-wall-st-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Possible sheetCAM problem, no charp corners?

It may be a controller setting issue. I don't use Mach 3 any longer but I do recall it has an exact stop mode and constant velocity mode with some setting for tolerance. Those may not be the names for the setting but they should be something like that. On the Cam side you can set G61 or G64 to control what mode the controller is in. G61 is exact stop and G64 is the constant velicty mode.

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Possible sheetCAM problem, no charp corners?

yep - constant velocity - you either have to turn CV off - or decrease feedrate, and/or increase acceleration, and/or set CV distance to a tolerable radius (which will cause the machine to slow down for corners without exactly stopping)

www.signtorch.com