Need Help! Setting cut height under tool instead of post processor

Thread: Setting cut height under tool instead of post processor

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Setting cut height under tool instead of post processor

I set up a plate marker on my plasma table. Everything working using MP1000 post processor.

My scribe is on a floating head that is against spring pressure. I would like to set up different "Jet Tools" that have different feeds and cut heights depending on the result I want. A lower Z will push down more on the spring causing a deeper mark.. The "Cut Height" option under Tools does nothing. I have to go into the post processor to change the Z offset each time. The torch is also on a floating head that sets 0 before the start of scribe.

How do I activate the "cut Height" in the Tool menu? I assume a change in the post processor but I don't know what to change.

TIA

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Setting cut height under tool instead of post processor

Not real easy unless you can program in LUA . You can add as many tool parameters as you want in the POST and they magically appear in the tool set BUT it just creates a variable and you have to write code in the POST that handles that variable and causes it to go to the right cut height / Everything is relative to the touch off and that has to be the plasma torch so you have to be able to pop in offsets at the right spot. A plate marker is a different tool in SheetCAm and ignores most of the plasma parameters. There is no pierce delay , no pierce height, no cut height and the output it calls is probably different. There are posts that do that for the MP3000 series but they may not work with your MACH setup or your hardware

TOMcaudle
    www.CandCNC.com