draft sight export

Thread: draft sight export

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default draft sight export

i am trying to export a file from draft sight in order to read it through sheet cam.

when exporting it defaults to .dwg sheet cam is not recognizing this. it offers a long list of .dxf and .dwg extentions but can't seem to get sheet cam to recognize any of them...

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: draft sight export

Back when I was using Draftsight (now using QCAD), I could save in different versions of DXF and have SheetCam read without problem. I guess just make sure you're selecting an ASCII version of DXF while saving in Draftsight and also make sure you are specifying DXF in SheetCam when importing. I usually get an message in SheetCam when I try to open an DXF when I didn't change back from Gcode import, but SheetCam offers to switch to DXF and all imports OK.

Also, you can config Draftsight to default to save in DXF format, too. You wouldn't have to change every time you save a new drawing.

HTH
    Paul

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: draft sight export

that was the ticket. thanks for the input!