Need Help! No DTHC options under path rules

Thread: No DTHC options under path rules

Default No DTHC options under path rules

I have no way to turn thc on or off. Ive watched a few tutorials but I don't have anything under the drop down menu next to "start code" and "end code". I have post processor set to mp1000 thc. Checked for updates

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: No DTHC options under path rules

What THC do you have? and are you using sheetcam?

Which THC on the table? Yes im using sheetcam. The setting im looking for is in a sheetcam menu.

Downloads
    Uploads

That option is hardware specific and provided in a custom SheetCAM post provided by the hardware provider. You cannot turn ON/OFF the MACH3 internal THC except with a MACH macro. You then have to use the code clips in SheetCAM to insert the macro in the G code. Any macro will cause a motion "glitch" in MACH so cannot be done in a part of the code with motion. There are a lot of custom things you can setup in the SheetCAM menu but it has to be defined and called from the POST. If you have the DTHC from CandCNC then there are custom posts that will make the options available.
    TOMcaudle
    www.Candcnc.com

So I need a different version of sheetcam or I need to install the posts? I'm a little confused.

Downloads
    Uploads

So am I (confused) What do you have as the THC? Is it a DTHC from CandCNC? if so you can get direct support on our Support Forum along with links to the POSTS and plugins for MACH3.

TOMcaudle
    www.CandCNC.com

MP-1000 if I remember correctly. Yes its all from CandCNC. I just am looking for the path rule that will shut off and turn back on THC while cutting a circle. When I click on that drop down box for path rules there is nothing available. the tutorial I watched online had different options that dropped down.

mp-3000 actually

Downloads
    Uploads

There are three models of THC for the MP3000. DTHC was first generation and did not have the DTHC ON/OFF option. The DTHC II that has been shipping for over 3 years had DTHC ON/OFF added at firmware rev level 1.3. From that point forward you need to be running a plug-in for MACH (ccc_comm) that supports dynamic activation codes if you want it from the g-code. You need to be running MACH3 3.43.066 or higher if you do not want a "twitch" in the motion for the DTHC on/off. The DCC posts also support using the expanded SheetCAM tool sets that load the DTHC presets (Electronic Cut Chart) . The new DTHCIV no longer uses the internal MACH THC so the button does not even exist for THC ON/OFF. It is controlled from screen buttons OR specail parameters from the G-Code.

The DTHC control can be set to Automatic so it handles turning the DTHC ON/OFF using basic rules and options in the post (like the Minimum Cut Length for DTHC) Or defined cut rules in SheetCAM. If you just want to turn the THC function in MACH ON/OFF you have to do that with a Macro (and suffer the pause in motion it begets) and insert the Macro in the code using the G-Code snip tool in SheetCAM. You may already have the Macros depending on which Profile you are running : M101 (tunrs it off) M102 Turns it on

Here is the macro code to turn off the MACH THC (NOT the DTHC)

'turn off THC
    If GetOEMLED(24) Then
    Call DoOEMButton(123)
    END if

code to turn the THC logic on

'turn on THC
    If GetOEMLED(24) = False Then
    Call DoOEMButton(123)
    END if

You can get more detail and files to download from our Support Forum

TOMcaudle
    www.candcnc.com