Problem Need helpl with post processing setups in Sheetcam

Thread: Need helpl with post processing setups in Sheetcam

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need helpl with post processing setups in Sheetcam

I would appreciate it if someone could give me a little guidance about job and machine setup before post processing a file. My problem is that after trying lots of setups here I am needing help.. When I go thru the steps to post process a DXF file and then open it in Mach 3 when I move the X and Y to where I want to start cutting and regenerate it the design won't move to those coordinates. I think I must have something in the machine or job setups that is causing this. I have tried several diferent settings to no avail. If anyone would be kind enough to take the time to instruct me I would appreciate it greatly. What I want to be able to do is load a file and be able to move it to any place on my table to cut it. Right now I cannot do that.

I you prefer to call and talk PM me and I will supply my phone #.

Thanks Guys,

Stumped in Arkansas

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need helpl with post processing setups in Sheetcam

While I can't help you specifically (I'm not running Mach), I might be able to provide general info. I set all my work with 0,0 in the bottom left-hand corner when drawing and in SheetCam. When I get the table's spindle/torch, etc to a place on the table that's has enough room to cut the part, I set the work coordinates to X0 Y0 (assuming my spindle is setting at the part-to-be's bottom left-hand corner). Are you setting the work coordinates in Mach prior to running the G code? I used to have the post processor do this automatically, but I felt it safer to set it manually each time especially if looping the code for multiple parts.

HTH somewhat...
    PK