Thoughts on a Sharp 2416?

Thread: Thoughts on a Sharp 2416?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Thoughts on a Sharp 2416?

Hey,

We're going to look at a Sharp 2416SE-M (The one with the Siemens control) and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with one or a similar. I'd also be curious to know if you'd recommend something other than the Sharp.

I have little to no experience on a CNC mill, this will primarily be a support machine, but I think the owner will be looking for some extra work for it to justify the expense.

I'm curious about how difficult it was to learn, what you think of it compared to other similar machines and the like.

Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Thoughts on a Sharp 2416?

I "WAS" looking at sharp last year but mid year they changed who was building there machines and went to a new builder and tried to pass it off as there same good quality they had been for years ,, you can get there old machine throe web and acra for around 42K if you play with them a little, I got a bad feeling about sharp and ended up going with a haas , after running the haas control I`m VARY happy I did not go back to fanuc
    I like the siemens control but I would not want to try and find someone to work on it or get parts 10 years down the road,,,, look at what the prices are on a used sharp they drop by 50% in 3 to 5 years . when I was looking at sharp I was looking at the fanuc in that you could keep it running