Sharp SV2412 "battery low fanuc side (replace battery with power on)" - HELP!

Thread: Sharp SV2412 "battery low fanuc side (replace battery with power on)" - HELP!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Sharp SV2412 "battery low fanuc side (replace battery with power on)" - HELP!

Hi,
    I have had my machine in storage for almost a year and when i powered it up today i got the following msg "battery low fanuc side (replace battery with power on)". I get a flashing *BAT* msg as well.

Can someone please confirm that this is the battery on the control unit (front panel) that needs to be replaced? (A02B-0200-K102)

The manual refers to this battery as a backup battery for the CMOS. If this is the case, where is the main battery and does it ever need to be replaced?

I could also really use some clarification on the proper procedure for installing a new battery. The Fanuc maintenance manual seems to contradict itself. It says to replace the battery with the control on (which is what i have always read), but in the detailed procedure it tells you to turn on the power for about 30 seconds and then to turn it off before replacing the battery! Does this mean fire up the controller (power on the front panel) for 30 seconds and then turn off the front panel but leave power on to the drives?

The manual says that once i get this warning i should have approx 2-3 weeks of battery life left but since i haven't had this machine turned on for so long i'm wondering if its best to leave it running until i can get another battery this week.

Hate to keep asking questions but it would be great to know the best way to back up your entire machine. I mean not only parameters, but everything you would need to start from scratch (ladder, screw pitch compensation, programs, macros, etc). I believe i have everything backed up but i'm not 100% sure.

Really appreciate the help...