Need Help! SHarp 6335A with Oi-MD; DNC Memory Card problem

Thread: SHarp 6335A with Oi-MD; DNC Memory Card problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation SHarp 6335A with Oi-MD; DNC Memory Card problem

I have a Sharp 6335A with an 0i-MD Fanuc controller. My ultimate goal is to run a long program. I would like to run it DNC, but can't get it to work. None of my manuals or any I've found through searches match the options that I have. So trying to follow step by step has been difficult.

Here are my Mode options:
    1: Edit/Tape/Preset (All together on one selection; Screen shows "EDIT")
    2: MDI (Screen shows MDI)
    3: Auto (Screen shows (MEM)
    4: Jog/Rapid
    5: Handle
    6: Zero

There are a lot of references in forum posts to select RMT mode, but that is not an option that I have. In order to get a file to be selected for DNC, I have to go to AUTO, then BG Edit. Then switch to MDI mode, then type in the file number and select DNC ST. This puts the file in the DNC OPE FILE line at the top of the screen. I would think at this point I could press CYCLE START and run the program, but I get nothing. Changing to AUTO or EDIT and pressing CS has no effect either. I tried turning on Single Block as well based on some other posts, but still nothing happens. All this I figured out just by fumbling around. My I/O is set to 4, Parameter 138.7 is set to "1".

Since this didn't work, I tried another method.

I split out the 1 long subprogram in to it's own file. The main file is O1111, subprogram is O1112. I can load the O1111 in to CNC Memory as it's small enough. However the O1112 is too big for CNC memory, so it's on the Memory Card. The O1111 program uses an M198 P1112 to call for the O1112 file from the memory card. When this call happens, I get an alarm saying "File not found (Memory Card)". I formatted the card using the controller, then reloaded the O1112 file from the PC, inserted back to PCMCIA slot, tried again, but same error. The file format is .ncf which runs fine from CNC memory.

I'm at a loss on how to proceed or what to do next. Anybody have a manual or know a procedure? Or know what I'm doing wrong? Memory Card is the only option I have right now to run long programs.