How setting tools and setting offset

Thread: How setting tools and setting offset

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default How setting tools and setting offset

Hi everyone ,

I don't know how to set tools on mill machine,I like to learn it ,Can you help me ?.Thanks

SHARP SV-2412 fanuc control OI mc ,

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Before you can set your tools in the machine you have to know how the program is figuring out where the part is located and take it from there. Your part needs an origin point usually one of the corners if it is a rectangle or square. If the program is designed to cut from the top surface down then all you have to do it touch off on the top of your part and set your Z for that tool there. If you are using cutter compensation (D#) then you have to measure the tool and input the proper information in the offset page for that tool. All machines are different in how they measure tools and derive offsets. Some programs require a "Guage Length" established by the programmer in that case you will need a Tool Presetter and either add or subtract from the guage length and this is your off set. It could be plus or minus. You would be far better off to ask your supervisor how your particular tools are set for any one machine so you will know for sure how to do it. And avoid a crash.

We all live in Tents! Some live in content others live in discontent.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Boots .Is there any wrong if i reset all axis X,Y ,Z zero in the position Relative page ? .

Last edited by John246; 03-15-2010 at 05:57 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Relative Position

You can reset 'Relative' position wherever you like, it will have no effect on machine coordinates or work/tool offsets. 'Relative' is a useful function that allows you to quickly and easily do a manual set up or compare values (tool lengths for example). The equivalent of 'Operator' coordinates on the Haas.

DP

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks christinandavid

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Another question ,What does this mean ?Softkey +INPUT ,INPUT and INP.C ,Can you please explain me? Thanks .

Downloads
    Uploads

+ INPUT adds the value you type in to the selected offset.
    INPUT sets the value you type in to the selected offset.
    INP. C is used to set the current positiion to the selected offset.

Be sure that when Z is "home" the relative Z is 0 before setting tool length offsets.

To set tool length offsets, move the tool to touch the Z-zero of the part then highlight the Geometry Length offset for that tool, type Z, and press INP. C. the offset value should match the Z relative position.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks dcoupar .

How about soft key MEASUR .If i use this soft key . is Z "home" ? .is the relative Z0 before setting tool length offsets ?Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

The MEASUR soft key is usually used for setting Work Coordinate systems. If you use an edge finder to pick up the left edge of your part, and you want that edge to be G54 X0, just highlight any field (X, Y, or Z) in the G54 offset, then type X-.1 and press [MEASUR]. If G54 is active, the X Absolute position should now read -0.1000

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks dcoupar .

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default NO INP.C. SOFTKEY ON OFSET

HI ALL
    I HAVE 2 TAIWAN MACHINES WITH FANUC 18I-MB AND OI-MB .BOTH MACHINES HAVE NO INP.C. SOFTKEY ON OFSET MENU JUST +INPUT AND INPUT SOFTKEY THERE.IS THERE ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO ACTIVATE THIS INP.C.SOFTKEY ?
    ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.
    BEST REGARDS.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: NO INP.C. SOFTKEY ON OFSET

Quote Originally Posted by sengoku View Post
    HI ALL
    I HAVE 2 TAIWAN MACHINES WITH FANUC 18I-MB AND OI-MB .BOTH MACHINES HAVE NO INP.C. SOFTKEY ON OFSET MENU JUST +INPUT AND INPUT SOFTKEY THERE.IS THERE ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO ACTIVATE THIS INP.C.SOFTKEY ?
    ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.
    BEST REGARDS.

can some body help me about to set de offset in fanuc machine with softkey +INPUT , INPUT, INP. C

thanks