I just finished a Centroid T400 retrofit on an H.E.S. 24NCSD, with a GE ValuTrol 6V30F3264 for the spindle drive.
That drive, like yours, had about 30 terminals across the bottom (2TB). I identified the following functions:
- Terminals 1 and 2 (jumped together), close to terminal 14 to run.
- Terminals 27 and 28 receive analog input +/- 0-10VDC to control both spindle speed and direction (reverse analog polarity to reverse spindle direction).
- Terminals 5 and 6 are a normally-open output that closes when the spindle is running.
- Terminals 3 and 4 are a normally-closed output that opens on a drive fault condition.
- Terminals 17 and 18 are a normally-closed output that opens when the spindle is running (inverse of terminals 5-6).
- The old control had provision for closing terminal 12 to terminals 8 and 9 (jumped together) under some circumstances, but I have not yet determined the function. It is probably either a drive fault reset or an external fault (stop/inhbit).
The tachometer feedback from the spindle motor connects to terminals 29 and 30. Terminals 8 and 22 are an analog output to drive a load meter (amp meter).