Phelps Servo Driver

Thread: Phelps Servo Driver

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Phelps Servo Driver

Had posted this in General Electronics section but no replies. Trying the Servo/Driver section to see if anyone has experience with this drivers.

"Has anyone out there used the Phelps CNC dirver? I'm going to build a controller for my lathe and looking at both the Phelps servo driver and Gecko 320's. Currently using 320's in my mill setup, but the Phelps look interesting. Comments from any Phelps user welcomed."

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've asked the same question here at cnczone, never any response.
    If they are legit, they would be a competitor for a G340. They may be awesome, they may be crap, or even a knock-off, no way to tell without trying one.
    My current budget does not allow me to be taking chances. If a few people on here were to share their experiences with them that'd be another story.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have 3 argon 1 drives that I'm using with Keling Servos and Mach3. I still have to add the Z axis to my mill retrofit project but the X and Y work fine so far.
    I don't have experience with the Geckos so I can't compare.
    Customer support has has been okay so far. Phelps returns phone calls which is great. The only issue I have is in the lack of published schematics on how to wire their products. The instructions are fine regarding tuning and wiring the encoders but I'm a bit lost on how to utilize the fault reset pin. I would like to have a fault feedback for mach3.
    Any thoughts?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Phelps Servo Driver

I hope this has been solved. I,m using the Argon 1 on my router. I removed the bridges between the auto reset pins ,and connected them outside to an emergency system.to stop all when one falls.using the 5 volts between the terminals. And a reset button.