JRKerr 3PH Controller with Moxa RS485

Thread: JRKerr 3PH Controller with Moxa RS485

Downloads
    Uploads

Default JRKerr 3PH Controller with Moxa RS485

Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone has experience communicating with a JRKerr PIC-SERVO SC 3PH Motion Control Board. I have an RS232 - RS485 Moxa converter (TCC-80), which is full-duplex 4 wire, connected to the PICservo driver but the test software fails to find it. I tried it with 3 laptops with straight through serial cable (physically checked) to the Moxa but no go on all.
    Set the jumpers on the PICservo to terminate (only one controller) and tried combinations of logic power to the Moxa. i.e the Moxa can be powered by USB cable or via the serial port.
    5V to the PICservo and the servo IC is ok. No power or activity LEDS available on these things unfortunately.
    Moxa to PICservo 485 wiring confirmed correct too.
    Maybe there is not enough power in the serial ports to drive the Moxa? But I have tried it with USB power too.

Any suggestions?

Mark