Need a Parker Compax3 Expert

Thread: Need a Parker Compax3 Expert

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need a Parker Compax3 Expert

Picked up some Parker drives and motors a few weeks ago. buyer said that they worked great, and had only a few hours. Models are Compax3 S063V2F11I10T10M00 and the motors are MPP0923D9S-NPSN. I bought the motors first planning to run them with Aries drives, but found out that the encoders are only supported with the Compax3 so I bought them from the same seller on ebay. The 9S encoder code is a SIN/COS style RS485 encoder from what Ive read. Now the weird part.

I had to make my own cables since the old ones were too short so I didnt even bother buying them, and before you say "you probably crossed a wire" no, ive pin checked this thing half a dozen times. All the encoder cables are ran through 6 pair shielded cable, and there a separate wire for the motor power. On connector X13, Feedback, pins 15 and 4 give the resolver GND and +8V for power. When the drive FIRST turns on, it sees 8V for about .5 seconds, then turns off, then errors out on a lack of comms with the encoder. WTF. Ive gone through every thing I can think of to get this to work.

The only other thing I tried was hooking up an external 8V source (after disconnecting the feed from the Compax), and it didnt error out, gave a correct RPM if I turned it by hand, but as soon as I enable the motor, it goes wide open speed and eventually pops up with an overspeed error. I dont have my Galil board hooked up yet, but I dont see a point if I cant even get it to fire up without errors. Im going to call Parker tomorrow but since I bought this stuff used Im sure they wont do much. Figured Id try that and a post here before I try to get my money back from the seller.