Need Help! Replacing AC Servo drive

Thread: Replacing AC Servo drive

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Replacing AC Servo drive

My x-axis Leadshine AC servo controller ACH750 failed. This is being used on a 4' x 8' flatbed printer.

I ordered a new servo drive, same model as the existing one.

This is the first time I'm messing with the servo so I would like to know if I just plug in the wires, would the servo drive automatically take the parameter settings from the machine main control software or do I have to input parameters/settings manually in the servo?

Hope I'm making sense...

Alex

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Replacing AC Servo drive

You will need to program the new Servo Drive with the same parameters you had on the previous unit. If you lost all the settings because it is completely dead, just look at the settings in the Y axis it is probably the same driver. You can google how to change the parameters and will find a manual that walks you though the process. Then when all the wires are connected back up it will all work like it did before the ACH750 failed.

Russ

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CNCMAN172 View Post
    You will need to program the new Servo Drive with the same parameters you had on the previous unit. If you lost all the settings because it is completely dead, just look at the settings in the Y axis it is probably the same driver. You can google how to change the parameters and will find a manual that walks you though the process. Then when all the wires are connected back up it will all work like it did before the ACH750 failed.

Russ
    Thank you very much...
    The drive is completely dead.
    The y-axis carries the same drive controller but is it normal to have both with the same settings?

Alex

Downloads
    Uploads

Alex,

Yes, it is very common to have both X,Y have the same parameters on the servo drive. It might have a different pitch ballscrew or whatever but that is maintained in Mach3, not the Driver.

Russ