Servo Motor and the best controller

Thread: Servo Motor and the best controller

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Servo Motor and the best controller

Hi there

I have few questions on using servo motors in CNC machines:

What is the best (Simplest) configuration on Using Servo Motors? When i say Servo Motor, i believe is the AC Burshless, Since is the better Motor.
    What I like to know what drivers, BOB, and Controller do I need to use? From what i know if I want to use Mach3 for controller, then I need to add Some extra Hardware such as BOB And Or Extra pieces on my driver.

Therefore if there is a controller that works with out them, please let me know.

Please do not hesitate to name the brands for all the pieces.

How do you rate the Teknic Clearpath Servo Motors? apparently they have the driver built on them, and therefore if I buy them then I do not need to buy any driver for them. Also since they have many different models, please explain about them a little, what I require is some thing between (700 to 1500 OZ-In) or (4.5 N.m to 9 N.m)

regards
    jhonansaro

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Servo Motor and the best controller

For drivers, it's best to buy a matched set of motor and drive, as they are usually not compatible with other motors, due to the encoders used.
    Most any breakout board will work, but you probably want a motion controller with a high pulse rate. If you want to stick with Mach3, then I'd get either an ESS/MB2, ESS/MB2 ESS ethernet smooth stepper with BOB [ESS/MB2]

or a CS Labs IP/S.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by johnansaro View Post
    Hi there

How do you rate the Teknic Clearpath Servo Motors? apparently they have the driver built on them, and therefore if I buy them then I do not need to buy any driver for them. Also since they have many different models, please explain about them a little, what I require is some thing between (700 to 1500 OZ-In) or (4.5 N.m to 9 N.m)

regards
    jhonansaro

The Clear path servoes are great; combined motor, encoder and controller with autotuning software. I made a video the other week about connecting them to a grbl. They are, however expensive as heck.

James hosts the single best wiki page about motors for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://techref.massmind.org/techref/io/motors.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

got a link?

Luthier/Woodworker/Machinist in NS, Canada.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi there
    thanks so much for the reply.
    What I like to know what is the proper or more proper Controller for servo motors? if there are any better controller please name them to me.
    Also James Newton, what is expensive the Clearpath Servo motor or grbl that you mentioned, please provide the link to your video.

regards
    johnansaro