DG4S drivers and AMT112Q/AMT113Q encoders

Thread: DG4S drivers and AMT112Q/AMT113Q encoders

Downloads
    Uploads

Default DG4S drivers and AMT112Q/AMT113Q encoders

Hello,

I need to swap the encoders on my old sem servos.
    Will be using DG4S drivers and they require differential signal.

Have looked at AMT102/AMT103 encoders but they send single ended signal, so I need to use a differential line driver CNCdrive - motion controls

Can I get around this if I use the AMT112Q/AMT113Q encoders?
    Wondering if these encoders work with the dg4s driver.
    Here is the datasheet for the encoders: http://www.cui.com/product/resource/amt11-v.pdf

Dan

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DG4S drivers and AMT112Q/AMT113Q encoders

Incase anyone ever wonders the same, these encoders have differential output.
    Went with the AMT102 though, because these were just too expensive with the programming cable and all.

Quote Originally Posted by danande View Post
    Incase anyone ever wonders the same, these encoders have differential output.
    Went with the AMT102 though, because these were just too expensive with the programming cable and all.
    USD makes pretty good encoders. Both single ended and differential. I like the E6 series, and that is what I have on my big servo mill. I have singled ended with differential line drivers going into DG4S-16035 drivers. Seems to work pretty good. I lost one servo drive after about a year, but replacement was quick and easy. It took longer to remove the mounting screws than anything. My shop laptop has the tuning software on it. Tunes pretty quick.

Bob La Londe
    http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Downloads
    Uploads

For comparison the E6 are optical, and can have single ended or differential output. They also have 10000cpr output. Max bore is 25mm
    The amt102 are capacitive, have a max cpr of 2048 and max bore 8mm.
    Product config for the E6 here shows the price is $73 for one encoder. The amt102v kit is $23, and digikey has free shipping if order exceeds a certain amount.

AMT has a friction fit drive. USD has a precision bored fit with a set screw available available from 2mm to 1" (25.4mm). They are available in a LOT of different cpr from 64 to 10000. You spec your application and they build it for you. They are available as single or differential. They are available with or without an index pin. The ONLY real down side is the price. For real industrial encoders they are actually on the low end of the price spectrum.

AMT 100 series simply are not available to fit many applications.

I see you are in Norway. It might not be possible to buy US Digital encoders easily for you. I know they have a very strict export policy and they are regulated by the US State Department. As a direct buyer I had to sign an agreement not to export their encoders or export machines built with their encoders.

Bob La Londe
    http://www.YumaBassMan.com