Allen Bradley Kinetix 300, E19 Servo Fault

Thread: Allen Bradley Kinetix 300, E19 Servo Fault

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Allen Bradley Kinetix 300, E19 Servo Fault

Good afternoon,

I am receiving the E19 Servo fault on the Allen Bradley Kinetix 300, as seen in the link below (I cannot find out where to upload a picture, sorry). The manual states this as an excess position error and recommends I increase the following error limit or time and check position loop tuning. How do I accomplish this? Where can I go to fix this?

Scenario: Whenever I hit cycle start on the machine, the drive is already enabled and there are no faults on the servo. Right when the motor should start spinning, it faults out.

We just turned the machine on after it being off for about 1 week. It ran 1 part, and then after that, it stopped working.

Any ideas / pictures / resources would be a huge help. Thanks.

Picture of fault on Kinetix 300: https://ibb.co/dC9fnv

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Allen Bradley Kinetix 300, E19 Servo Fault

Quote Originally Posted by alivexx1 View Post
    Good afternoon,

I am receiving the E19 Servo fault on the Allen Bradley Kinetix 300, as seen in the link below (I cannot find out where to upload a picture, sorry). The manual states this as an excess position error and recommends I increase the following error limit or time and check position loop tuning. How do I accomplish this? Where can I go to fix this?

Scenario: Whenever I hit cycle start on the machine, the drive is already enabled and there are no faults on the servo. Right when the motor should start spinning, it faults out.

We just turned the machine on after it being off for about 1 week. It ran 1 part, and then after that, it stopped working.

Any ideas / pictures / resources would be a huge help. Thanks.

Picture of fault on Kinetix 300: https://ibb.co/dC9fnv
    Motor Model: Rockwell automation, MPL-B320P

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Allen Bradley Kinetix 300, E19 Servo Fault

OK, so this is a probably long dead thread, but I will post for the help of others. My expertise comes from directly supporting this product for 2 years.

E19 is excessive position error. When you configured the servo (through the webpage configuration utility) you defined an acceptable tolerance for position error before a fault would be generated. Now you are exceeding that limit.

When the issue appears after no software change, and especially on equipment that has sat, the likely reason is increased loading on the motor. This could be due to the following:
    -Mechanical brakes are engaged or locked
    -Machine is cold and tight
    -Machine is lacking lubrication
    -Product in the machine is stiffer/heavier than before
    -Machine is jammed

Other (less likely) potential reasons include:
    -Position error tolerance set too small
    -electrical noise (false feedback signal)
    -vibration or a poorly tuned motor
    -Someone changed the servo configuration
    -Motor integral brake has failed
    -Failed drive
    -Resistive short in power cable
    -Motor was thermally damaged (>400*F)