NEEDED: Baldor servo motor connector wiring diagram pin out

Thread: NEEDED: Baldor servo motor connector wiring diagram pin out

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default NEEDED: Baldor servo motor connector wiring diagram pin out

I have a set of Baldor DC servo motors from a knee mill that had a Dynapath System 20. The motors are Baldor Catalogue number 4203623. I want to test them for use on my CNC mill project.

These motors have a large Cannon connector with a total of 16 pins. There are 12 pins in an outer circle and 4 more pins in an inner circle, two of which are larger and carry the motor current. I need the pin out designations for this connector so I know what pin goes to what connection inside the motor. The motor should have internal tachometer and encoder connections. These are 25+ year old motors but I suspect Baldor has a standard wiring scheme that they have used for years, but darned if I can find one on their site. Their search engine pulls up nothing for this older motor, so I am currently stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If someone has wiring diagrams for a Dynapath 10 or 20 with Baldor DC servos that show the motor connector pin outs - i would greatly appreciate a copy of it.

I have noticed that the cable for an Anilam 3300 DC servo system uses the same connector and similar Baldor motors, so a connector pin out for an Anilam 3300 may also work.

If anyone has 3 of the cable plugs that go into this motor connector - I could use those as well.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: NEEDED: Baldor servo motor connector wiring diagram pin out

Is the encoder a coupled type or a through-hole type, the former would normally have a make/model on it.
    I would hazard a guess that the other two in the centre are tach, they should be easy to follow and identify, tach's are not used now on modern drives so they could be left unconnected.
    The encoder wires would normally have a Blk & Red for power and the rest could be detected by 'scope,
    Check to see if there is any info on the encoder as I had a lot of info on some of the encoders fitted.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Off a tree mill? Those were specials for Tree if so.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have not pulled the motors apart so I do not know what type encoders they have - but supposedly they are 1000 lines.
    I can not find anything on the Baldor site regarding these motors or the wiring diagram for the motor connector.
    I have found a couple of different connector diagrams for 16 pin connectors, so...........which one?
    I have sent a message to Baldor tech service - no response yet.
    I got no response to a prior inquiry either - other than a note saying "thank you and please contact the local sales distributor".
    I do not know what machine they came off of but they were part of a Dynapth 20 system of early 80's vintage.
    I have no prior experience with Baldor distributors and perhaps I am being unfair - but -
    in my experience distributors only want to sell you something new and not to help you with something old - especially somethng this old.

Downloads
    Uploads

If you post a couple of pictures it may register with some here.
    Al.

Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Photo of the Baldor servomotor and connector. I need the wiring pin out diagram for this connector. I also need the mating cable plug connector body.

I have now managed to obtain 3 bulkhead connectors from an Anilam CNC system cabinet that have 16 pins exactly like those on the motor bulkhead connectors except that they have the mating female pins. I have removed the rubber plug with female pins from these connector bodies and have inserted one into one of the motor's connector in the photo. They are the perfect mate. If I can find the proper sized female body that mates with the motor connector I can use these rubber plugs with pins in those bodies to make the mating cable connectors I need. If not, I can machine something to use as a body and get by. The body of the motor bulkhead connector has an outside diameter of 1-1/2 inch and a thread of 18 TPI. The coupling nut on the body of the mating cable plug connector needs to screw on this male thread.

NEEDED: Baldor servo motor connector wiring diagram pin out-baldor-servomotor-plug-4-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

The MS connector number can usually be found on the shell of the connector itself, and also on the plug insert, if you find it on the bulkhead connector you can use that to find a matching connector, usually the same No. but a P & S used in the number for plug and socket.
    Al.

Albert E.