Need Help! Siemens motor numbers

Thread: Siemens motor numbers

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Siemens motor numbers

Hopefully someone can assist with this particular question. I have searched the web and have been unable to find anything thus far so I figured I would post here and hopefully someone may have the knowledge to answer. I need to replace a siemens drive motor on a machine, the original unit was a 1FT6044-4AF71-4EH1 and was later replaced with a 1FT6044-4AF71-4EH6. I want to know what the difference in the two motors is since the only difference in the number is 4EH1 and 4EH6.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Siemens motor numbers

Looks like the only difference is 1 = IP65 protection vs. 6 = IP68 protection. You new motor is better sealed, and will run underwater IP68 = Protected from total dust ingress. Protected from long term immersion up to a specified pressure. (1M)

see page 6/12
    http://www1.siemens.cz/ad/current/co...07-2008_de.pdf

Downloads
    Uploads

Its been a long week. I knew I was missing something earlier. There is one other thing different in the 2 numbers. In the second string one is a 4AF71 and the other is a 1AF71. Im looking but havent found wat that designation dictates yet.

Downloads
    Uploads

See page 6/6 for the 1AF71. Looks like it might be a shaft length difference, I just had time for a quick glance. You need to study the specs a bit.