Kollmorgen S700 (S70602) F12 - Motor Phase Fault

Thread: Kollmorgen S700 (S70602) F12 - Motor Phase Fault

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Kollmorgen S700 (S70602) F12 - Motor Phase Fault

I am repairing a Kollmorgen S700 drive. I keep getting a F12 fault, which the manual says is motor phase missing, ie cable break.
    This happens wether I have a motor, open circuit, or bulb load.

Does anyone know what the drive is looking for to detect a cable break? I do not get a twitch from the motor, but I do see a spike on the output, between phases before the alarm trips the drive. The output block checks out OK.

Any help would be welcome!

Regards, Rich in the UK

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Kollmorgen S700 (S70602) F12 - Motor Phase Fault

software is your friend. Lots of help available to diagnose...

How are you "repairing" the drive? Are you a repair shop of drives? Your machine? Just curious...

Now to software... first, why not scope it and see? Trigger on drive ready or enabled or fault (I am not connected to a drive so cannot see the choices), then scope Ia and Ib or whatever it is called for the U & V phase currents... stick in DC bus too so you can see if it it dipping due to a short or something. make time super short so you catch a few misecs. Remember 3rd phase is calculated based off the other 2 shown in your scope pix. So you will see WHICH exact phase is missing, assuming it is real.

Next if you want, turn off the F12 detection for testing: Type in terminal window: CPHASE 1 press enter. We no longer watch for missing motor phase now. See if that helps you?

BTW, on MOST drives, we do NOT activate F12 fault - makes it easy for customers to test for an output short by disconneting motor....

PS: Your profile says Radio is your hobby. Ham radio? If so, howdy from AC8V. I frequent Echolink some...

Last edited by mike_Kilroy; 04-27-2017 at 02:52 PM. Reason: add radio

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mike.

Many thanks for your very useful information about my F12 Issue with a Kollmorgen S700 drive. I have set CPHASE to 1 now and the F12 alarms have ceased.
    I have also downloaded the very latest DriveGUI software, which shows more useful info than my original s/w.

The drive now shows E06 with a flashing decimal point on the display. The s/w says the drive is ready, both with hardware ans software enables ON, but I cannot get any movement from the motor, or see any output if I use a bulb load. I do not have an isolated scope probe, so I have not looked at the block U, V & W outputs, but I do see some small voltages on my multimeter. The DC bus appears OK also.

I cannot understand why the drive appears to think everything is OK, but gives no output.

Using the new Drive GUI s/w terminal screen, there are lots of variables you can monitor from the command line - Could you suggest any variable I could look at to determine where the issues my be?

Kind Regards, Rich

Downloads
    Uploads

Of course E06 is good. decimal point means it is enabled; flashing dec pnt means EOT limit sw inputs disabled - good thing for you right now.

Did you update the FW to latest? Consider it?

use the monitor page... it will show you the vel command, the act velocity. Is there a command? if not, why not

if Vcmd but no V, look at next place it goes: current loop. look at Icmd - it is the command for current (the difference between Vcmd & v)

on monitor page look at I; is Icmd there (it will be sat full on at this point in your description) but I is not? Then disconnect after current loop - output pwm generation etc or curernt sense donuts not feeding back 2 phases of current.

is there current in ANY phase? check THE VARIABLES; LOOK ON wiki page if your scope does not list them on pull down... UVAL maybe?

once u identify WHICH section of drive is unhappy, you can go from there.

Are you a repair shop? End user? machine in your garage? etc?