Need Help! Yaskawa DR2 and Mach3

Thread: Yaskawa DR2 and Mach3

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Yaskawa DR2 and Mach3

Hi,
    I just got an old Yaskawa DR2 SERVOPACK and trying to control it with Mach3. Currently I am using a stepper motor, which runs great,

Is it possible to connect my servo to Mach 3? I believe it is because I saw a lot of youtube videos of people doing this.

I knew that i need to connect the pulse and signal ouput to the servo drive.. but I am kinda lost in the parameter settings. Anybody can help me?
    Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Yaskawa DR2 and Mach3

When you say a "servo pack" does this mean you have both the driver and the servo motor
    These are A/C 3 Phase servo drivers they cannot be used to control a stepper motor
    I currently use 3 750 watt Yaskawa servos and drives with mach3 they are fantastic.
    The parameter settings at first will seem a bit daunting but once you start setting things it will come to make sense
    read all the documentation its all available on the net
    I can help you set up it once you get it all up and running.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes i have both the driver and the servo motor. Sorry to confuse you.. what i was trying to say is i am trying to replace my stepper motor with this Yaskawa servo . Yes i have the documentation for this servo. Ok thanks for ur willingness.
    For starters, I have the Digital Operators to set the parameters. I tried jogging the servo, and it works. So i guess the motor works fine right?
    In the documentation, I read that i need to set Cn-02 Bit B as 1 to make it as Position Control mode. I connected pin 7 and 8 (PULSE) and pin 11 and 12(SIGNAL ) to my BOB. There is also CLR input which I dont understand where to connect to. Is there any other connection that I should make?
    One more thing.. what parameters should I set to make it work with MACH 3?
    Thanks A LOT!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Navivanuva been very busy lately do you still need some help you'r Yaskawa drive