Siemens Motor Datasheet Source?

Thread: Siemens Motor Datasheet Source?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Siemens Motor Datasheet Source?

Hello folks!

I'm trying to locate some datasheets for the servos on an old grinder of ours. I have found Siemens site to be of little use for this task and can barely find reference to these servos anywhere else. I was curious if anyone here has a good source to get these data/spec sheets from? Just in case anyone is familiar they are...

Siemens HU3076
    HU3056
    HU3103

There are more numbers behind these as well, but that should cover the family of the motors.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks much!

-Just Grinding Time...

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Is this for replacement or service info?
    Usually Siemens put some ratings on the plate.
    Are they brushed servo's?
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

I agree that the Siemens site is hard to find specific info, that has got to be the largest website that exist (No joke)!

I did manage to find all the manuals that I will ever need (840D).

The links below may help you, navigate on the left for a specific manual. And bookmark the page. Else you may never see it twice.

What type of machine did the servos come from ?

(1) https://www.automation.siemens.com/d...06_e&scope=all

(2) https://www.automation.siemens.com/d...06_e&scope=all

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow, great to see some quick replies!

We are actually going to be replacing the drives and the drive vendor wants to check the datasheets to make sure everything works perfect. There are ratings on the plate, but just the usual basic info. And yes, they are brushed motors.

Thanks for the link Switcher, I found one datasheet source on there webpage but seems you have another . Unfortunately no luck there either. Funny because I can find the Siemens 3G documentation there but not the servo documentation...

Thanks folks!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by GrindEngineer View Post
    . There are ratings on the plate, but just the usual basic info. And yes, they are brushed motors.
    What other info does he think he needs above the basic info? usually DC brushed are the easiest to integrate to new drives, at least that has been my experience.
    Maybe they are like Rolls-Royce, when you ask them for the HP of their motors, They answer 'Sufficent'
    Al.

Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

He is interested in the torque curves on the motor along with temperature ratings and resistances. For some reason he also wants to verify the wiring of the servo as well.

Downloads
    Uploads

Do you know who the drive are made by?
    As far as the Servo wiring is concerned, obviously there should be only two armature wires.
    With siemens motors they can be ordered with different options, tach and/or resolver/encoder.
    With modern torque drives the tach can be disregarded if you have one.
    That leaves whether it has resolver or encoder, this is for feed back to the CNC controller , this is usually determined by inspection.
    On the Siemens motors I have seen with resolver, it is usually driven by a step up gear arrangement in the back cover.
    The encoder resolution is another story as there were different types fitted and you may have to get a number off it.
    The other thing you may have is a thermal detector buried in the windings, identified by two small wires exiting the field winding to the MS connector/terminal box.
    Al.

Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Al!

I'm not sure which brand we will be going with just yet. I know that the system definitely doesn't have encoder or resolver as it uses a philips glass scale system. It is possible it has a tach but does not appear so, I'll double check on the overtemp protection tommorow. Thanks much Al, if the vendor needs more info then this I'll send him to Siemens

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

To finally close out the topic...

Siemens did send a datasheet, although it appears to be a photocopy of a fax of a coffee stained sheet of paper, but it was mostly legible. After some review we decided the motors could be used...

Unfortunately since they lack an encoder we would have to mount one, and this particular type lacks any method to mount an encoder shaft or even an encoder itself. Neither axes is accessible enough to mount to, nor is it feasible for us to strip the machine down and them drill into the granitan base...

So we will be going with an all new set of servos and encoders. Once the retro begins I'll keep you folks updated. (Big Studer OD Grinder)

Thanks for the help folks, appreciate it!