Need Help! Kollmorgen S Series A/C Servo drives: How do I connect them for Mach 3 Step/Direction - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Kollmorgen S Series A/C Servo drives: How do I connect them for Mach 3 Step/Direction

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Kollmorgen S Series A/C Servo drives: How do I connect them for Mach 3 Step/Direc

should be easy to diagnose this.... see screen shot of how it should be set up. did you pick "remote enc input? What screenshot? I see no attachments.
    Is motor holding position or just free wheeling? Not since I re-did the wires. But first try with only two wires connected the axis was 'creeping' in one direction with no control.
    sorry, got a customer call and forgot to attach. will try to remember and do after Jag show......

if drifting, that guarantees you were NOT in mode 4 only velocity mode.

Downloads
    Uploads

Dear, can you put wiring diagram here. Best regards.
    [QQUOTE=jxdxwx;1690056]

I will look over the drive settings when I get home and let you know. Yes my MotionLink computer is connected to the internet. It is currently the same computer that I am running Mach3 on also. Should be able to minimize screens if you need both to be running.

How and when do you want to connect thru internet ?

John
    [/QUOTE]

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Kollmorgen S Series A/C Servo drives: How do I connect them for Mach 3 Step/Direc

Diagrams attached.

Let me know if it helps.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kollmorgen S Series A/C Servo drives: How do I connect them for Mach 3 Step/Direction-drive-wiring-diagram-jpg   Kollmorgen S Series A/C Servo drives: How do I connect them for Mach 3 Step/Direction-c3-connector-wiring-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

You sent me another PM but my mailbox is full.
    I didn't get it. so resend or post here.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by shejta View Post
    Dear, can you put wiring diagram here. Best regards.
    [QQUOTE=jxdxwx;1690056]

I will look over the drive settings when I get home and let you know. Yes my MotionLink computer is connected to the internet. It is currently the same computer that I am running Mach3 on also. Should be able to minimize screens if you need both to be running.

How and when do you want to connect thru internet ?

John
    [/QUOTE]

TEAMVIEWER PROGRAM TO CONNECT. You need to have it all turned on and running for me. I would hook in and help you for 15-20 minutes. I have hamfest tomorrow morning so maybe tomorrow (Sat) 2:15-2:30pm EST? or maybe sometime on Sun? Since it is free help, I cannot do early next week as I have commitments.

Downloads
    Uploads

Mike, thank you but I am actually currently running fine.
    The msg was an old one that another user cut and pasted and referred to.
    I am helping him with my wiring schematics.

May take you up on some fine tuning at somepoint in the future, but for now all is well.

THANKS!!!
    John

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

Dear, Thank you so much for help, In next couple minutes I will post images of drive and screenshots from program setup. Just to note, on display is currently E03. ( with dot). What that mean? Best regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Dear, Thank you so much for help, In next couple minutes I will post images of drive and screenshots from program setup. Just to note, on display is currently E03. ( with dot). What that mean? Best regards
    Kollmorgen S Series A/C Servo drives: How do I connect them for Mach 3 Step/Direction-20160812_200129-jpgKollmorgen S Series A/C Servo drives: How do I connect them for Mach 3 Step/Direction-20160812_200137-jpgKollmorgen S Series A/C Servo drives: How do I connect them for Mach 3 Step/Direction-20160812_200216-jpgKollmorgen S Series A/C Servo drives: How do I connect them for Mach 3 Step/Direction-20160812_200232-jpgKollmorgen S Series A/C Servo drives: How do I connect them for Mach 3 Step/Direction-20160812_200316-jpgKollmorgen S Series A/C Servo drives: How do I connect them for Mach 3 Step/Direction-20160812_200346-jpgKollmorgen S Series A/C Servo drives: How do I connect them for Mach 3 Step/Direction-20160812_200424-jpgKollmorgen S Series A/C Servo drives: How do I connect them for Mach 3 Step/Direction-20160812_200443-jpgKollmorgen S Series A/C Servo drives: How do I connect them for Mach 3 Step/Direction-20160812_200506-jpgKollmorgen S Series A/C Servo drives: How do I connect them for Mach 3 Step/Direction-20160812_200551-jpgKollmorgen S Series A/C Servo drives: How do I connect them for Mach 3 Step/Direction-20160812_202239-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Also, I want ot connect this board: Sorotec - Interface Advanced PRO and manual is located on this link http://www.sorotec.de/webshop/Bedien...ut8-Manual.pdf

Downloads
    Uploads

apples and oranges? there is no such display E03 on a Servostar SE or SR series drive. There IS that display on an S600 drive and it would mean it is a 3amp drive and E for ENABLED. Totalaly DIFFERENT animal.

I cannot handle discussing this on here; I MUST use email as I cannot sit in front of this computer all the time. my email is mike@kilroywashere.com

Downloads
    Uploads

HA! so I just saw ur pictures. you are talking about a TOTALLY DIFFERENT DRIVE than everyone else previously.

I have no idea what YOUR problem is.

I wanted to leave office 2 hours ago and have been stuck with a couple customers needing help; email me if you would like me to respond maybe tonight. It is WAY past Miller time here!

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm trying to do the same thing as the OP in this thread.
    I have a S310 hw rev 3.01, firmware 3.88 and was able to connect to the DBL4N00750 - 03M - 000 - S40 servo using DriveGUI and jog the motor with motion service.

I need to control the S310 drive with step/direction input as described on pg 88 of the manual. The problem I'm facing is that every time I try to enter the setup wizard, the DriveGUI program crashes. I'm running Windows10.

Is there a known issue and/or workaround with using the DRIVEGUI setup wizard on older drive firmware?

Alternatively, if anyone has a suggestion for a better drive to use than an s310 that can be had on eBAY for under $500, I would appreciate suggestions. I prefer to run on single phase 220V.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello
    Driver.exe (program for kolmorgen setup) doesn’t work very well on windows 10. Try to use windows compatibility options and set to XP compatibility or Windows 7. I am implemented several machines using those drives and step - dir input. Mostly used CSMIO ip-m or S because they use differential output. A lot of help I got from Mike Kilroy. He is genius.

QUOTE=MD21921;2440718]I'm trying to do the same thing as the OP in this thread.
    I have a S310 hw rev 3.01, firmware 3.88 and was able to connect to the DBL4N00750 - 03M - 000 - S40 servo using DriveGUI and jog the motor with motion service.

I need to control the S310 drive with step/direction input as described on pg 88 of the manual. The problem I'm facing is that every time I try to enter the setup wizard, the DriveGUI program crashes. I'm running Windows10.

Is there a known issue and/or workaround with using the DRIVEGUI setup wizard on older drive firmware?

Alternatively, if anyone has a suggestion for a better drive to use than an s310 that can be had on eBAY for under $500, I would appreciate suggestions. I prefer to run on single phase 220V.[/QUOTE]

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the windows version suggestion! I was able to get it configured using a windows7 PC.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MD21921 View Post
    Thanks for the windows version suggestion! I was able to get it configured using a windows7 PC.
    Thanks shejta for helping him!

Mike@@@KilroyWasHere.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234