Pac Sci feedback help?

Thread: Pac Sci feedback help?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Pac Sci feedback help?

Pacific Scientific servo motor # R34SENT-T5-NS-NV-02.

I need to figure out what type of feedback device this motor has and how to hook it up. One of the cables has a sleeve on it, hand labeled "Tach" and some other hieroglyphics I haven't figured out yet and the spec tag shows Ke=80V/Krpm. Does this indicate that it has a tachometer? Seems like an awful lot of wires coming out for that. Is there any place I can get a schematic of this thing or even a wiring hookup diagram? Or some way to tell what wires to hook where?

I have an AMC B25A20ACQ amp and Galil 2160 controller with 2900 breakout board. Any assistance is appreciated greatly.

Thanks guys, getting closer all the time.

Jim

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Pac Sci feedback help?

OK, I think I have this, the encoder is a Tachsyn, apparently not recognized by either the AMC B25A20 amp or by the Galil 2160 controller without conditioning circuitry.

So I ordered some optical encoders from HongKong at about $15 each.

Thanks for the help.

Jim

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry I did not see this earlier or I would have told you stuff, but seems you are doing good yourself too!

Full info on that motor and also the tachsyn feedback is avail in the old catalog, available here:

R Series (Pac Sci) | Kollmorgen

Mike@@@KilroyWasHere.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Mike.
    These are an R34 but are a round body motor with a square mounting flange. Bit of an oddball maybe?
    Anyway, I got my AMC amps to show a green light by switching the #10 dip (60/120 phasing) off. Then I hooked up the motor leads and powered up. I haven't learned yet how to see if the Galil is talking to the AMC amp (B25A20ACQ) but the shaft turned rather easily by hand with two hard spots 180* apart. Does that sound about right?

Jim

The encoders won't be in for another week or two.
    BTW, there are two white leads coming out of the motor and going to the Tachsyn connector. Temp sensor?
    I see no sign of a hall sensor anywhere.