IDC B8001 servodrive manual request - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IDC B8001 servodrive manual request

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: IDC B8001 servodrive manual request

I think the max speed point is programmable is it not? So it is likely not a firmware issue but simply a parameterization issue: increase the max speed from 3000rpm to what you require.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I tried that and it still didn't work. I had the *.mtr file from the old drive and uploaded it to the new drive and still no luck.

Finally I struggled for a week together with the application engineer from Kollmorgen application engineer to configure their latest AKD drive and yesterday finally succeeded!!

Kind of embarrassing for such a simple application with only analog control voltage and drive enable signal used to run a brushless motor at 4800rpm,
    we had to use drive with 1337 page user guide and a 212 page installation manual!!!

Although marketing flyers advertise "One button tuning" and simple configuration in practice its always a different story!!

Thanks Mike for your reply.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

2 years later, Similar problem. Different Machine: 2 Yrs ago i gave up on the B8001 and got an AKD-B00606-NBAN-0000. the motor on this machine is AKM42G-EKCN2-00. Using Workbench configuring and getting the machine running was a piece of cake. Now, on a similar machine, i got rid of the B8001 wihout wasting time and got an AKD Drive. Problem? the motor is IDC G34VI-b32-0100-v. Wired everything and got a motor file for a B32 motor from Kollmorgen. Problem now it will enable ok, as soon as i touch the shaft it faults out on foldback. the motor goes to 10 amps. I put the old B8001 and it runs for 2-4 hours then it faults out on step mismatch (reason i'm trying to get rid of it). Any ideas are appreciated. So Far i've tried swaping S and T on the halls, swapping Enc A for B and B for A. Checked all my wiring about 10 times. I havent tried to swap the new AKD with the other that has been running for the past 2 years. I apologize in advance if this post is off-topic on this thread. Any help is appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by el_gotico View Post
    2 years later, Similar problem. Different Machine: 2 Yrs ago i gave up on the B8001 and got an AKD-B00606-NBAN-0000. the motor on this machine is AKM42G-EKCN2-00. Using Workbench configuring and getting the machine running was a piece of cake. Now, on a similar machine, i got rid of the B8001 wihout wasting time and got an AKD Drive. Problem? the motor is IDC G34VI-b32-0100-v. Wired everything and got a motor file for a B32 motor from Kollmorgen. Problem now it will enable ok, as soon as i touch the shaft it faults out on foldback. the motor goes to 10 amps. I put the old B8001 and it runs for 2-4 hours then it faults out on step mismatch (reason i'm trying to get rid of it). Any ideas are appreciated. So Far i've tried swaping S and T on the halls, swapping Enc A for B and B for A. Checked all my wiring about 10 times. I havent tried to swap the new AKD with the other that has been running for the past 2 years. I apologize in advance if this post is off-topic on this thread. Any help is appreciated.
    yep, motor phase vs feedbacks is wrong. I do not thinkn the automatic phasing routine works to change the halls around, but you can try it: it is under the feedback 1 tab. but you can get proper hall sequence from kollmorgen for the motor and then WATCH the halls switch on feedback 1 page and change them until you get them right. I suggest until you get control you set currents max on LIMITS page to 3 amps or so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12