Need Help! PBJ 2013 Screen set

Thread: PBJ 2013 Screen set

Downloads
    Uploads

Default PBJ 2013 Screen set

I've set up the 2013 v001 screen set and having trouble with the Tool Zero function. I press: Make Reference Height button n the X then Y go to touch plate position ok BUT when the display says Moving in "Z" the "Y" is actually moving???? I have homed the machine FIRST. It doesn't make sense as to why it is doing this??? Has any body else have issues with this?
    I've tried restarting Mach3, also rebooting computer.

Any ideas….. ThanX

Mega Moog

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PBJ 2013 Screen set

Well, I made a little progress…. I changed the pin to NOT be (Active Low) for Probe….. & that took care of the "Y" movement that was taking place instead of "Z" movement!!! Yehah…

BUT….. now the "X" n "Y" move OK n the "Z" just sits there….. NO MOVEMENT whatsoever!!!!! BUMMER… eventually it times out thinking it has touched the plate n continues on with its cycle , asking me to change tool n press start. I press start n the movement to "X" & "Y" is good but once again NO "Z" movement!!! Eventually it times out again n it thinks the cycle is COMPLETE… but it's NOT!!!!! ?????

NOW WHAT??? I have UN-Installed Mach3, RE-Installed Mach3 put my profile for all my machine settings back in, copied all info for PBJ 2013 where it belongs n this all still takes place!!!???

Stumped in HOOTERVILLE….. LOL

HMMMMMMMMMMMM………….. I really thought I would have had this working by now!!!!!

Megamoog

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Re: PBJ 2013 Screen set

GOT IT….. Finally

Thought about it some more….. I switched jumper for pull up or down resistor on that specific pin, whichever one it was on was WRONG! That let the "Z" come down and actually stop when tool touched plate!!! Had some other issue with the read outs not clearing out, so I disabled the MPG Plugin, n low n behold all works as it should!!!
    Just sat there banging my head against the table….. DA, boy am I silly!!!

Now to make some test cuts n get used to the tool table n work offsets!!!!! Should be a breeze, right? I hope so, gots to do some reading!

MM

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PBJ 2013 Screen set

WELL….. not so good…!!!

The machine will do a REFERENCE "Z" ok & a TOOL CHANGE ok on TOOL ZERO page…..

But when I run g-code, the machine just sits at "Z" clearance waiting to go to TOOL CHANGE POSITION (Tool Change light FLASHING)!!!???
    IT JUST SITS N SITS THERE DOING NOTHING?????

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?????

any clues you peeps? I sent emaill to jepson, but no response yet…..
    Reloaded macros n all the items needed from software PBJ 2013…..

Still STUMPED…..

MM