5 Axis Mill Sreen set for Mach 3

Thread: 5 Axis Mill Sreen set for Mach 3

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 5 Axis Mill Sreen set for Mach 3

This on is for Mach 3, and works with upto version 1.84 (last lock down release).
    The only page I didnt modify was the Positioning page, (since I have found that I didnt need a 5th for getting a part set).
    The screen "Back ground", is not fancy, just functional.
    I added 5th axis Jog/MPG buttons on the TAB fly out, but Art said he will have to add OEM code, so the buttons will work, they currently don't so, when he adds the code, and tell me what the OEMs are, I will redo the buttons.

scott

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool! How about a screen shot so we can see the layout before downloading?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Opps, sorry forgot to do that, here it is........

Mach 3 Five axis mill Screen shot.

scott

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5 Axis Mill Sreen set for Mach 3-mach-5-axis-screen-shot-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Little glitch, noted.

Some of the newer Mach3 download versions, Don't have some of the previous versions bitmaps........ If you use the screen set, and when you load it, if you see a funky white back ground, and it looks like some horrible virus ate your computer. Don't panic, your just missing the Bitmaps that the set was designed with. The older ones you will need are: Green-Gray Recessed, Green-Gray raised, and Grey button.

all you have to do, is copy an older bit map file that has them, OR, if you are used to using Screen designer, just click on the strange background white objects, and load in its place a bitmap you do have if for some reason you cant get older bitmaps.

Or, ask Art, to supply you with the bitmaps.

scott

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok,

Here is the 5th axis screen set with working 5th axis jogs on the Tab out. You need at least Developmental version 1.90.013

Furhter I have enclosed the needed Bitmaps in a "Bitmap", file, you will need to copy these out of this file and paste them into your Bitmap file Under mach 3 "Bitmaps".

scott

Attached Files Attached Files

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are you doing 5 axis machining with mach 3? Or is it just jogging functions?
    I was told that mach didnt support 5 axis.
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes,

You can do upto 6 axis machining, BUT here is the caviot. Mine is set up like a Trunion table type like a 3+2. If you want to do "Continous 5 Axis" then you would need to have a CAM program that could post it all out. Mach itself does NOT (currently) do Axis Translations (like if you have 4/5 on your Spindle). There are no G Codes for doing Axis Translations (Kinimatics). So all of that load would fall on your CAM package.

I use OneCNCXR2 Mill that has a "Positional or Continous 4th" and a Positional only 5th.

Scott

Commercial Mach3: Screens, Wizards, Plugins, Brains,PLCs, Macros, ATC's, machine design/build, retrofit, EMC2, Prototyping. http://sites.google.com/site/volunteerfablab/

Downloads
    Uploads

Oh one other thing....

The screens here are REAL OLD!!! way back in the early days of Mach, there is a guy screen named "Darc" on the Mach Support site www.machsupport.com that Redid the screens and made them look MUCH, MUCH better. I am NOT a good or even average "Graphics designer" but Darc is, and now I use his version of my screen cause it looks Sooooooo much better! He even put out a 6 axis version of it, (that I also use )

scott

Commercial Mach3: Screens, Wizards, Plugins, Brains,PLCs, Macros, ATC's, machine design/build, retrofit, EMC2, Prototyping. http://sites.google.com/site/volunteerfablab/

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by PoppaBear10 View Post
    Yes,
    Mach itself does NOT (currently) do Axis Translations (like if you have 4/5 on your Spindle). There are no G Codes for doing Axis Translations (Kinimatics). So all of that load would fall on your CAM package.
    Could I ask you to elaborate on this? With a 3+2 setup, where are the two additional axes? I assume one is a "lathe spindle" orientation along the X axis. Where is #5? Also, are you saying it steps the 4th and 5th axis and does a pass (no kinematics) or what do you mean, exactly. I have BobCAD, which I know does 4-axis, and I think does 5-axis GCode generation. Would these files work?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

From what I gather, It is double rotary tables. One wraped on the y axis and one on the X axis.

Poppabear,
    I have access to a CAM package that will output 5 axis G-code in the dual rotary table config. It only has a few post proccessor options but maybee I could tweek it to work with mach. So my question is if you have a CAM that will output 5 axis G-cdoe in the 3+2 configuration then mach can do 5 axis just fine?
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Mach will run what G code you send it. If you CAM will put out 4-5 axis moves, as long as they dont require your CNC control to do Axis Translation codes, then Yes you can run Positional or Continous tool paths.

I run as I said above a 3+2 type set up (like a Haas Trunion Table) 5th axis. My CAM will not do "Continous" 5th axis work, i.e. like cutting a complex Turbine compressor like on a turbo charger.

But there are CAMs out there that DO continous 5 axis, and you can run that to, IF that software does all the "Axis Translation" in the software and does not post out any Specilized Canned G-Code Axis translation tool tip offsets.

scott

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I made download of screen, but it doesn't work. the file is not .set.
    Am I doing something wrong? Please help me, I need five axis screen.

thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 5 axia G code

Quote Originally Posted by PoppaBear10 View Post
    Mach will run what G code you send it. If you CAM will put out 4-5 axis moves, as long as they dont require your CNC control to do Axis Translation codes, then Yes you can run Positional or Continous tool paths.

I run as I said above a 3+2 type set up (like a Haas Trunion Table) 5th axis. My CAM will not do "Continous" 5th axis work, i.e. like cutting a complex Turbine compressor like on a turbo charger.

But there are CAMs out there that DO continous 5 axis, and you can run that to, IF that software does all the "Axis Translation" in the software and does not post out any Specilized Canned G-Code Axis translation tool tip offsets.

scott
    Scott Rhino with rhinocam 2012 will output the 5 axis g codes direct to NC or text files so no need translation... Turbo vains are no problem...

Downloads
    Uploads

The post that he is replying to is almost 6 years old.... at that time only the 4th was both positional and live(dynamic), 5th was positional only in OneCNC.

Now OneCNC does both positional and dynamic 4th and 5th, without having to use special CNC control translational G codes. I also have a copy of Rhino CAM, unfortunately, it is not even close to OneCNC in any way. But there is also a major difference in price since OneCNC is commercial grade shop CAD/CAM.

Scott

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi to all

SOS
    I need a general(Fanuc,Mach3,...) 5 axis post processor for Powermill software by PMPOTS processor.

Please help me and sent a 5 axis BC post processor to below emai: cadcam.en@gmail.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 5Axis Post Processor for PowerMill

Hi every body.
    If you need a 5 axis post processor for mach3 or other controllers ; Please feel free to contact me : E.kashfi@gmail.com
    I will do it for 300 to 500 USD. i will get the money after you make sure that Written G-code Works well on your machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wmilhk View Post
    Scott Rhino with rhinocam 2012 will output the 5 axis g codes direct to NC or text files so no need translation... Turbo vains are no problem...
    This interests me... I have never been able to get a definitive answer from any CAM company on exactly whether a system can do this.
    If Rhinocam can, how do you tell it where your axes are in relation to each other? Are the rotation centre positions of the two rotaries input as variables into the postprocessor or something? Also, what configs of 5-axis layouts are supported?

LongRat
    www.fulloption.co.uk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 5 Axis Mill Sreen set for Mach 3

is there any thing out there for 5 axis with 2.0 ??