Volunteered for my Company's new Safety Commitee. Need guidance or advice.

Thread: Volunteered for my Company's new Safety Commitee. Need guidance or advice.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Volunteered for my Company's new Safety Commitee. Need guidance or advice.

My company requested volunteers from different departments for a new Safety committee. Our first real meeting after the initial two meetings is coming soon and I wish to do the best job that I can for my employer and on a subject I do care about. Also this subject has always interested me. Any guidance or advice on what I may do as far as what to read, do, or so on would be appreciated. Thank You in advance. I just wish to contribute at my job benefiting from the best minds in the biz found on CNC Zone.

roundman

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

What industry are you in?

Lou

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc-router-table-machines/140832-cnc-software.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by roundman View Post
    My company requested volunteers from different departments for a new Safety committee. Our first real meeting after the initial two meetings is coming soon and I wish to do the best job that I can for my employer and on a subject I do care about. Also this subject has always interested me. Any guidance or advice on what I may do as far as what to read, do, or so on would be appreciated. Thank You in advance. I just wish to contribute at my job benefiting from the best minds in the biz found on CNC Zone.

roundman
    The first thing I recommended at my shop was the requirement that all drinks on the shop floor were to have lids. This helps prevent spillage and keeps chips out of the beverages. Our company has realized a side benefit from this policy, as productivity has increased as workers are spending much less time fishing chips out of their coffee.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

it's good as neat and tidy place is all pleasure to work with .. the most advantage of such fair work location is you are not going to take much time in getting a right thing at once.. also it's positive impression goes directly to consumers as well..

Downloads
    Uploads

I was on the safety committee for the last place I worked at (major engine manufacturer).

One thing we did, was once a month assigned 2 people to do a walk around of the whole plant looking for things. Things that might have been overlooked on previous lists of....things!

Found things like racking that had dented and ratty supports, missing and out dated fire extinguishers. I suggested that a few be added so you didn't have to run so far (as already happened to ME when a battery cart caught fire and I had to run around looking for one!).

We also talked to each employee by themselves looking for anonymous suggestions that they might have. Areas they felt weren't up to snuff,but they didn't want to bring up otherwise.

Downloads
    Uploads

Work place you have is good and safe for Company's employee. Some of the thing you need to consider like Mechanical hazards(It cannot be eliminated must be controlled to prevent harm), Non-mechanical hazards (This cannot be eliminated must be controlled to prevent harmful exposure), Access hazards( This cannot be eliminated must be controlled to provide safe access). This are some safety thing you need to consider.

www.ajancnc.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Volunteered for my Company's new Safety Commitee. Need guidance or advice.

Thanks for the input. We all do walk a rounds and solicit fellow employees as to whether they may have suggestions or concerns. My industry Is Machine Shop - Metalworking. We have shipping,welding, sheet metal, and Quality Control therein.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Volunteered for my Company's new Safety Commitee. Need guidance or advice.

Despite our efforts we have injuries. I know they could be much more without the efforts of everyone on Safety. We have had a increase in employees over the past year and that does mean the likelihood of something happening increases with more hands. We do walk through s also by guys working in the shop and then to do a check on a higher level the Management of our safety department checks it also. Thank Y'all for the input.