Importing .stl stock into RhinoCam 2016

Thread: Importing .stl stock into RhinoCam 2016

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Importing .stl stock into RhinoCam 2016

Does anyone know if RhinoCam 2016 will import .stl stock to machine? I know that VisualMill 5.0 would. Not sure about the RinoCam 2016. Someone told me that you could only use part or box stock. I would like to bring in the Model stock to machine. Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Importing .stl stock into RhinoCam 2016

If you have the Pro or Premium version of RhinoCAM 2016, you can create a stock model using the "Stock from Selection" function. Just click that box, then select the object you want to designate as stock; it will automatically mesh it and use it as a stock model, as long as it's watertight. But even if you don't have Pro, there are more options for stock than Part or Box.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Re: Importing .stl stock into RhinoCam 2016

Thank you so much for the reply. That is good to know.

Default Re: Importing .stl stock into RhinoCam 2016

it might import the file but by mecsoft australias own admission isnt very friendly although a rhino plug in hates stl files
    NCGCAM for stl files it takes minutes to program a pass excludes ALL tool collisions automatically
    just going off my experience and hords of emails telling me im disillusion thinking rhinocam is a silver bullet fix to stl files and that im IGNORANT to think otherwise
    25k down the drain
    i will admit mecsoft usa Uday is fantastic to deal with but getting up at 2 am to fix a problem just doesnt suit id expect they get up at 2am for that price
    Australian mecsoft are useless