Top surface of 3d object mysteriously elongated in the X when machining

Thread: Top surface of 3d object mysteriously elongated in the X when machining

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Top surface of 3d object mysteriously elongated in the X when machining

With Rhino 3.0 I machine wood helmet shells. Taught/teaching myself. The shells have an inner and outer surface which is uniform, about .2 inches. I rough and finish cut the inside of the helmets from a large cube and then flip it over and run additional roughing and finishing files to cut the top surface. In the image you can see a helmet where the seemingly X- shifted toolpath has resulted in shaving the front too thin (actually creating a large hole) and leaves the back of the helmet much thicker than intended (you should be able to see the hole I drilled in it through the front hole. It is approximately .4 inches thick at that hole when it should be .2.
    Top surface of 3d object mysteriously elongated in the X when machining-tphoto_00009-jpg
    I have tried everything I can think of to figure out why this is happening but no luck. Any thoughts? I tried to attach an example file here but it was too large apparently.