Problem DANGER! RhinoCAM crashes tool on work

Thread: DANGER! RhinoCAM crashes tool on work

Downloads
    Uploads

Default DANGER! RhinoCAM crashes tool on work

See

http://mecsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2964[/url]

When the tool has a smaller cutting diameter than the shank, RhinoCAM can crash the shank against the work.

MecSoft tells me that this bug is in all their software, as of this date. (March 21, 2015).

The reason we don't see it so often is that it's common to use tools like this in a situation where there is no possibility of the shank contacting the work ... for example, cutting a groove in a flat plate.

But in my case, the work was a complicated 3D object, and I just told RhinoCAM to cut (horizontal finishing), assuming that it would do as well as possible without crashing the tool into the work. The example in the MecSoft forum is much-simplified from the real thing.

So watch out!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DANGER! RhinoCAM crashes tool on work

Not a confidence-inspiring reply from Mecsoft was it ? I wonder how many people have crashed their mills due to that bug.

Downloads
    Uploads

Unbelievable!It makes a nonsense of modelling the tool in the tool library.I hope they advise us soon of the bug being fixed.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by routalot View Post
    Unbelievable!It makes a nonsense of modelling the tool in the tool library.I hope they advise us soon of the bug being fixed.
    All Mechsoft care about is getting new customers, not holding onto the poor suckers they already sold their crappy software to.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by FDP View Post
    All Mechsoft care about is getting new customers, not holding onto the poor suckers they already sold their crappy software to.
    I have to disagree with that conclusion. I have always been treated by well by Mecsoft. I don't even own their software but they still worked with me getting my shop neighbor sorted out on some issues he was having with a new post processor for a new machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

It's couple of reasons may cause tool crash
    For example, if you try pocket U sign from outside to inside, and set skim lower than stock, it causes tool crash when move to another machining area.
    This cause by Skim not affected to stock - only to model height.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Melkiades View Post
    It's couple of reasons may cause tool crash
    For example, if you try pocket U sign from outside to inside, and set skim lower than stock, it causes tool crash when move to another machining area.
    This cause by Skim not affected to stock - only to model height.
    The old version of Rhinocam I use often tried to plough through stock, that's why I NEVER use skim, always use clearance plane instead, and retract vertically wherever possible.