4 axis rotary - tool clashes with model

Thread: 4 axis rotary - tool clashes with model

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 4 axis rotary - tool clashes with model

Hi Guys,
    Using Rhinocam Pro, I am trying to machine a rather basic rectangular piece (as shown) using my 4 axis setup.

I have setup up the MOP using 4th Axis Roughing to machine the top surface, rotate 90 deg. machine the 2nd surface (1st side) with Horizontal Roughing, rotate to 180 deg and machine the bottom (using Hor. Rough), rotate to 270 and machine the final surface (2nd side). Sounds pretty basic, which it should be.

The problem is that after the 1st surface is machined the tool is not retracting prior (or quick enough at least) to clear the model before being rotated 90 deg which results in a severe clash. (well chewed up model)

I have setup my MOP using 4 Axis Roughing and set the clearance to Stock + clearance (6mm/0.25").

Does anyone have any suggestions? Hopefully the image will be clear enough to read my MOP stack.

Thanks in advance
    Phil