Newbie in CAM

Thread: Newbie in CAM

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Newbie in CAM

Hi everybody,
    my first post here.
    I'm about to receive a CNC machine i ordered for my woodworking habit, and through my father's job i got Rhino and RhinoCam. They look miles better than what comes with the machine.
    I'm used to draw with Autocad, but for solids, Rhino seems good; the Cam is what will give me trouble, since i never used a Cam program before.
    Also, the tutorials for Rhino are good, but the ones for Rhinocam are pretty basic, as well as the help.
    Hence i will probably show up around here in search of help in the coming months...
    Meanwhile, do you have any suggestion as to what steps to take at first to make the learnign process less painful?
    Thanks in advance for the support!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I'd suggest a talk with Uday, the friendly and extremely knowledgeable Mecsoft tech support guy. He can hook up to your computer over the web and show you how to approach writing a toolpath for your own parts while talking you through it over the phone . It's really quite effective, and you'll learn a lot quickly. Another thing to do is to check out the videos on the Mecsoft site, which have been improved lately: Tutorials | Self-Paced Training | RhinoCAM®

They also have a forum on their site, MecSoft Corporation User Forums which complements the lively forum on the Rhino site: Items in rhino

Andrew Werby
    ComputerSculpture.com — Home Page for Discount Hardware & Software