placing bridges where I want them

Thread: placing bridges where I want them

Downloads
    Uploads

Default placing bridges where I want them

Hi,

I know how to have RC place bridges and how many but I was wondering if there was a way I could specify where the bridges go? I cut out many parts on the same sheet and they vary in size and some need more some need less and I would like the bridges to not be right in a corner or on a complex curve..just on the straight lines..or more specificaly, where I want them to be. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Boy, I'd like to know this too. It often picks the worst spot possible.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: placing bridges where I want them

The bridges will always space themselves out evenly, so you can't have total control over them, but you can adjust where they start and stop.

To do this, use the _CrvSeam command in Rhino (Curve > Curve Edit Tools > Adjust Closed Curve Seam) on the curve that defines the region you want to profile.

This, combined with altering the number of bridges, has usually been sufficient for me. you might get a better reply on Mecsoft's own support forums (MecSoft Corporation User Forums)

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, I went through the registration process on that support site but no administrator has sent me an e-mail allowing me access. I tried to re-register..my e-mail is in the process but I can not log in. They say to contact an administrator..LOL..how do I do that if I can not post or log into the site..I agree that would be the best place to ask this question though..only if I could.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: placing bridges where I want them

It will depend on the version of your RhinoCAM. I believe that only the version 2014 or higher is possible to edit the tabs.