adding spokes to 3d file

Thread: adding spokes to 3d file

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default adding spokes to 3d file

Hello, Sorry I'm a complete newb at rhino.
    I've been searching but i don't know what the right terms are to search for a tutorial on this.
    Could someone guide me to the right place?
    I was trying to setup a hub to my sculpting.
    adding spokes to 3d file-qsbvrlf-jpg

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Not sure what the problem, or your question is. A hub is used to hold the piece on the rotary axis of a mill. And thus depends on the fixture used. I have three different fixtures I use, depending on the job.

There are plugins that draw spoked hubs for rings, but it is usually faster just to draw them out. Or copy one over from another model.

For jewelry related CAD, CAM or CNC questions check out the 3dcadjewelry.com forum.

Nice ring, btw! ZBrush ?

Lathe: Hobbymat MD65, Mill: Sieg SX2, Mill: Taig CNC MiniMill, Hammers: many

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: adding spokes to 3d file

There's a wizard in DeskProto that does this; look at the 123 waxring page: 123WaxRing system, for jewelry wax models It sets up your ring so there's a spoked hub in the middle; you put it on the rotary table fixture one way and it carves the outside periphery of the ring, then set it on top of the fixture to cut the center out. I still have some of these kits, even though DeskProto has stopped making them.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: adding spokes to 3d file

Wouldn't the Rib command in Rhino do this? Put a temporary surface on the bottom, construct some curves where you want the spokes, and use Rib.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)