3d illustrator wanted for a portrait

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3d illustrator wanted for a portrait

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 3d illustrator wanted for a portrait

my company is looking to create a vacuum formed mask of an artist..her name is rei kawakubo and she is sort of famous so there are many photos of her online.

In order to achieve this, I intend to cnc a relief of her face( customer has a specific photo in mind) and that relief will be the mold that I use to vacuum form her mask in black acrylic.

she is distinguished by her hair so her hair must be represented in the model as well..... the model only needs to be a 3 axis relief viewed from the front( like a typical mask) and lots of detail is not required since she will likely be vacuum formed and small details will not transfer...I just need the shape of her face and hair to be correct and easily distinguishable ...

we can make the mask but we have no one who can make the file....so we are looking for a 3d artist who can make the model for us.

Please respond with cost and how long it would take to complete. We are in a rush and id like to start milling Saturday.

We have the forward facing photo the customer wants to recreate as well as a decent profile photo as well....we are hoping these two photos will be enough but if not,there are lots more photos of her online.

we can pay via paypal .
    this will be the first of many modeling jobs we will need

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 3d illustrator wanted for a portrait

How big is the dimensions sir?

I can finish it now if you want

You mean like this sir?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3d illustrator wanted for a portrait-ob-pc607_mag911_g_20110810125726-jpg   3d illustrator wanted for a portrait-capture01812-jpg  
    Last edited by KH0UJ; 04-06-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

yes but a few things...this is not the photo we want to use and we need the whole face modeled ( I don't know if you were getting to that but that's what we need) and the eyes are closed in the photo we want to use.

If you would like the job I can send you the photo that we are trying to create a mask for and I also have a side profile of the woman to help model her face...the mask will be about 9 inches in size when we mill it out.

Please let me know how much you want to do the job and we can agree and get started.

Downloads
    Uploads

this is the type of mask we are making so this should give you an idea as to how much we need the face modeled...we do not need the back hollow though, as long as the front of the face and hair are modeled properly we can mill our mold

Downloads
    Uploads

or like this.

Downloads
    Uploads

this is the photo we want to use with eyes closed but we do not want the hand there, we only want the hair and face....the final size will be around 9 inches but we would require the file in STL format so we may change the size a bit if we need to.

http://media.vogue.com/r/c_1,h_4000,...i-kawakubo.jpg

and here is the only side profile photo of her that I can find..hopefully this side view helps you model her face and hair.

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t5...37922304_n.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

OK so it`s a half 3D model of her face I can try sir, I`ll post it here when im done tonight, I cant work on it now because im working (day job) 8:00am-5:00pm

Downloads
    Uploads

how much do you want to be paid?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by manakawari View Post
    how much do you want to be paid?
    Honestly I really dont have an idea on that sir I guess it`s up to you? all I know is I can do the work with G-code if you want but on the fruit of labor thing none at all

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't need the g code, an stl file will be fine.

Is $100.00 ok?

I don't know how long its going to take you so im just throwing out a number.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by manakawari View Post
    I don't need the g code, an stl file will be fine.

Is $100.00 ok?

I don't know how long its going to take you so im just throwing out a number.
    Ok sir let me work on it first, I encourage other members too to try it so that the OP have a better option in the end.

I really want to be absent at work right now to do this hehe but I cant, I got 700 pcs. left of product to nest in the shop that I worked with.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not that good with anatomy. If you had some better photos I could put something together but ou might want to go over to the zbrush central forum and ask around.

Artistic 3D Relief Work for CNC http://www.cncproductionwork.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Just got home from work, im drawing it now, I will do my best to replicate her face on a 3D model but if my best is not enough sorry but I tried sir, I have some japanese friends and they are very strict at the details, (attention to detail)

3d illustrator wanted for a portrait-1-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

I think its coming along well, like I said, we do not need a ton of detail..we only need the head, we do not want the neck,,only the face and hair..id like you to finish if its something you still want to do..the hair is very important..i don't need a lot of detail in the face but I would like some detail in the hair.

please let me know if its something you are still interested in finishing

Downloads
    Uploads

I continued drawing it this morning sir, I can manipulate anything on a photoshop (2D) but in a 3D I have very limited capabilities I wanna try to capture her present charisma on the 2 sample photos, but the output of my 3D turns out a younger version of her, im not really good at this sir sorry...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3d illustrator wanted for a portrait-12121234345345-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Here`s the files sir forget about the fruit of labor, im just practicing on 3D heads, im not really good at this, the file contains the roughing G-code and the finishing also the STL >>> 3D Head

Downloads
    Uploads

this is really good, its almost perfect, can you make a couple changes and then I think we can use it..the eyes look open and we need them closed. can you also smooth out the split on the top of that hair, we don't want that and if you can also make the hair straight at the bottom and not so stringy I think that would be perfect

Downloads
    Uploads

this is the exact look we want but in 3d, this exact face shape and hair, flat in the back but the face in 3d

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3d illustrator wanted for a portrait-face-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I made her hair straight sir almost the same on your picture, eyes closed,

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3d illustrator wanted for a portrait-22-jpg   3d illustrator wanted for a portrait-11-jpg   3d illustrator wanted for a portrait-33-jpg   3d illustrator wanted for a portrait-44-jpg  

3d illustrator wanted for a portrait-55-jpg   3d illustrator wanted for a portrait-66-jpg  
    Last edited by KH0UJ; 04-11-2017 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Added more agled pictures and change the front hair color to determine the curve

Downloads
    Uploads

that's it, that looks perfect, please tell me how we can exchange payment for .stl file.,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast