need two custom hubs made

Thread: need two custom hubs made

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default need two custom hubs made

Hi, we are mechanical engineering students at CSU-Sacramento and are participating in the Shell eco marathon competition in the UrbanConcept category. So we are basically building a custom car built to get the best mpg possible. We will be the first team to compete from CSUS.
    We are in the need of custom rear hubs for our vehicle. One side needs to have a 1-inch diameter with a 1/4" key slot. The other hub needs to be free so we will need one that can fit two bearings (one on each end of the hub). The bearing we are looking at for this set up is 1"-ID (diameter of drive shaft) and 2"-OD, but we can change bearing outer diameter size if needed as long as it's a standard bearing size easily available in the market.
    Will need a custom 5 bolt pattern (smaller then vehicle 5 bolt patterns). I could get you this info if needed.
    Please let me know if this is something you could help us out with and the total cost for the hubs. As I mentioned we are students and on a very tight budget. We are also looking for sponsors as this is a very large national competition, there should be lots national exposure and being the first team to compete from CSUS we are also looking for quite a bit of local exposure also.