Machining Feasibility Test for Candy Company in Birmingham Alabama

Thread: Machining Feasibility Test for Candy Company in Birmingham Alabama

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Machining Feasibility Test for Candy Company in Birmingham Alabama

Hopefully, I have posted this in the correct section. We are a candy company located in Birmingham Alabama. We design all of our own point of purchase displays, dispensers, and related equipment. One of our newest candy dispensers has a glass container that sits on top of and attaches to a Bamboo base. The base is approximately 3.875" Wide x 3.875" Deep X 5" Tall. I have included (I Think) an image of the base. We have considered purchasing the Tormach PCNC 1100, but want to prove out that we can produce the parts accurately and cost effectively.

We envision taking a long stock piece of material and machining multiples of the base out of it at one time. All of the bases at this point are Bamboo, but we would like to evaluate other woods as well. Since the exterior dimensions are not as critical as the internals, the parts would remain joined until the internal machining was completed. Then as much as the external shape would be machined while still allowing the multiple parts to remain attached. The stock of material would be removed from the CNC and the bases would be separated using a band saw (or similar) with a fixture. Sanding would be done to smooth the areas where they were separated. From there they would go thru a finishing process.

Does this scenario seem possible?

We are very open to comments and recommendations from experienced users.

I can provide 3d cad files if needed.

Thanks