Bent Sheet or Cut Rect Tube

Thread: Bent Sheet or Cut Rect Tube

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bent Sheet or Cut Rect Tube

Here is a section of tube or bent sheet/ plate that I need in aluminum. I’m not sure if its more economical to bend this out of sheet or cut it from a rectangle tube. If bent I’d like the smallest allowable bend radius at the corners.

I would initially need 4 tubes 33 15/16” long

Thanks,

Oscar

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bent Sheet or Cut Rect Tube

ho to the tubes, bending machines can give you these dimensions, neither a sharp end without a V-groove, note that aluminum metal change dimensions after bending to give you smaller dimensions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

obviously, benting will be much more economic for smal quantity.

Prototypeing, mould making and injection molding service

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

wow, there's some real winners here, I got an idea if you don't know what your talking about, shut up.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by azmachining View Post
    wow, there's some real winners here, I got an idea if you don't know what your talking about, shut up.
    And you Know?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, I know everyone that has replied to this forum other then myself knows little to nothing about sheet metal bending/fabrication.
    Sheet metal/plate bending - rolling - fabrication is something we/I do a good amount of.

When bending any material the part gets larger, not smaller, so shut your mouth if you don't know what your talking about.

To bend this part would be very un-economic to bend, anyone who would make a statement like that has never done any sheet metal/plate bending in there life, at least worth a damn. This part would be best machined/saw cut from aluminum rectangular tube. So shut your mouth if you don't know what your talking about.

SO as I said before, you guys are some real winners. Your posts here should be removed, this website is supposed to be educational, not a public school.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, I know everyone that has replied to this forum other then myself knows little to nothing about sheet metal bending/fabrication.
    Sheet metal/plate bending - rolling - fabrication is something we/I do a good amount of.

When bending any material the part gets larger, not smaller, so shut your mouth if you don't know what your talking about.

To bend this part would be very un-economic to bend, anyone who would make a statement like that has never done any sheet metal/plate bending in there life, at least worth a damn. This part would be best machined/saw cut from aluminum rectangular tube. So shut your mouth if you don't know what your talking about.

SO as I said before, you guys are some real winners. Your posts here should be removed, this website is supposed to be educational, not a public school.
    this post is a proof that you had never worked with aluminum bending, unless ur bending machine is a small one, i want to see how when you are pressing 120t on an aluminum sheet it will go larger not smaller. note that i work on cnc laser CO2 and fiber, CNC punch, CNC router(samec and AXYZ) trutops(its a cad and cam software in the same time for my laser and punch machines) plus 3 HACO bending machines with 4m length without mentioning autodesk i am certified professional from them, and ASPAN (cam software for samec) V-carve pro and Artcam(for AXYZ) machine, talking about 10 years experience, so i wont be impolite like you and i would say thanks for you valuable informations

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Uh no, that is proof that you have no idea of what your talking about, still. I bend aluminum, brass, copper, steel, stainless, titanium, etc and tonnage makes absolutely no difference in the part getting larger, and yes your stupid. I can bend in our small diacro or our 250 ton chicago using the same top and bottom dies and get the exact same result, a bigger part in any material.

I think your a hack and you have no experience with bending sheet metal/plate, your 3rd world certifications and so called experience is completely useless since you don't understand one of the very most basic fundamentals of bending.

This is actually what happens when a sheet metal part is bent, it physically gets bigger. The final formed dimensions will be greater than the sum total of the outside dimensions of the part as shown on the print—unless some allowance for the bend is taken into account. Many will say material “grows” or “stretches” as it is bent in a press brake. Technically, the metal does neither, but instead elongates. It does this because the neutral axis shifts closer to the inside surface of the material. Your welcome

Downloads
    Uploads

Uh no, that is proof that you have no idea of what your talking about, still. I bend aluminum, brass, copper, steel, stainless, titanium, etc and tonnage makes absolutely no difference in the part getting larger, and yes your stupid. I can bend in our small diacro or our 250 ton chicago using the same top and bottom dies and get the exact same result, a bigger part in any material.

I think your a hack and you have no experience with bending sheet metal/plate, your 3rd world certifications and so called experience is completely useless since you don't understand one of the very most basic fundamentals of bending.

This is actually what happens when a sheet metal part is bent, it physically gets bigger. The final formed dimensions will be greater than the sum total of the outside dimensions of the part as shown on the print—unless some allowance for the bend is taken into account. Many will say material “grows” or “stretches” as it is bent in a press brake. Technically, the metal does neither, but instead elongates. It does this because the neutral axis shifts closer to the inside surface of the material. Your welcome
    yes i saw this article before, but im still have the problem that the aluminum instead of stretching getting smaller, for an l u shape 2x5x2 cm (internal dimensions i cut a piece ok 91 mm to get my exact sizes, maybe my press brake is different of yours, don't know, but this is happening to me and i can't deny it
    anyway have a nice day