New Machine Build Another RF45 clone cnc inspired by the contributors on cnc zone

Thread: Another RF45 clone cnc inspired by the contributors on cnc zone

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Another RF45 clone cnc inspired by the contributors on cnc zone

Hi everybody, this is my first post on this forum.

I have started the process of converting my small manual mill to cnc, and will try to post as many pictures as I can along the way. I hope that it will serve as an inspiration to anybody considering the task of converting a machine, and hopefully we can get enough information and ideas included to help each other out in the same way that I have picked up so much information from the other builds on this forum.

Please feel free to comment on the progress, comments, ideas and positive criticism go a long way to prevent costly mistakes!

Regards Steven

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Another RF45 clone cnc inspired by the contributors on cnc zone-img-20170225-wa0002-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Another RF45 clone cnc inspired by the contributors on cnc zone

looks like you've got a bit of cleanup work ahead of you too

Keep us posted. These are very capable little machines when done correctly.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks cs900, I have stripped apart the whole machine already and given it a good cleanup!
    I also milled all of the x and y oil grooves and feeding holes for them, will post some pictures when I get a gap. The ballscrews and extra nuts have all arrived too, just need to pack the balls into the anti backlash nuts and make up some sort of holders for them.
    I am currently busy with the frame and designing the chip/coolant tray with the idea of housing the coolant tank directly underneath the machine, allowing all the water and shavings to be washed into a removable tank.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

A few pictures of the progress so far.Another RF45 clone cnc inspired by the contributors on cnc zone-img_20170308_144129-jpg
    Another RF45 clone cnc inspired by the contributors on cnc zone-img_20170318_142027-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Another RF45 clone cnc inspired by the contributors on cnc zone-img_20170227_190549-jpg   Another RF45 clone cnc inspired by the contributors on cnc zone-img_20170308_144158-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Steven,
    I'm glad to see your machine cleaned up so well. In the first picture you posed it looked kinda rusty, but I guess it was mostly grime.

What type of axis motors do you plan to use, and what control software?

Looking forward to following your build. Everyone seems to take a different route with these machines so there is always a lot to be learned. I hope you have as much fun with this build as I have had with mine!

Kurt

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

HI Kurt,

Thanks, I had quite a time to get it clean! It is in quite good condition except for the bed, which I skimmed clean at work. I also milled in some coolant drain slots at the same time.
    I will probably run regular stepper motors on mach3 to get going, though I'm keen to try the Linux platform.
    Currently working on the coolant tray and the ballscrews mountings and couplings.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Another RF45 clone cnc inspired by the contributors on cnc zone-img_20170404_175022-jpg   Another RF45 clone cnc inspired by the contributors on cnc zone-img_20170404_174932-jpg   Another RF45 clone cnc inspired by the contributors on cnc zone-img_20170404_174818-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Steven

Looking good. Keep the updates coming.

I have also started a conversion on an original Rong Fu 25, 1976 year model with round post.

Henri
    Kempton Park

Sent from my SM-J100H using Tapatalk